Team Sky/Ineos

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I will pop my head up above the trenches and say if the team can carry on then as far as im concerned,thats a good thing, ive read that protesters are planning to disrupt the first stage on Thursday, WHY, why disrupt a sporting event not just for ineos but for all concerned, feck off and disrupt some of his dodgy practices if you must.

Last edited:

DogTired

Über Member
How much fracking do you do? What volume of single use plastic do you make? JR is on a different scale to most of us.

Greenwashing, so more of a PR spend than any sort of giving.

Yeah while everyone is getting very excited about naughty INEOS ultimately the people that're blamed for ruining the planet are just the start of the supply chain. If the general public just stopped relentlessly buying s**** day-in day-out consumption (and the activities of INEOS et al) would diminish.

Can't say I'm a big fan of fracking, like everyone I prefer industrial activity to be away from my house and preferably in a 3rd world country where I don't get to hear any moaning. INEOS make it, we buy it. The chain is obvious and discussing disrupting a cycling team INEOS sponsors is asinine.

Hey ho. Roll on the TDF so the world can speculate about doping again...
:banghead:

tom73

Guru
From what i've read the protesters are not planning to interfere with the race or the riders indeed they say they repect them for the work they put in as a sport. From what i've seen they are planning protest in other ways such as the use of land art and banners along the route. If this turns out not to be the case then i'm more than happy to stop anyone I see come the day.

Jimidh

Veteran
Hardly "giving back".

It's called advertising.
If course it’s advertising like every other sponsor in the sport. The sport would not survive without sponsors unfortunately - you can hold you nose all you want but if Ineos had decided to spend their adverting budget elsewhere there is a strong chance that people would be looking for new jobs.

One could also argue that by sponsoring a high profile team like this they are opening themselves up to negative publicity and therefore it isn’t possibly money well spent but I understand that the their owner is a huge cycling fan and doing it for that reason.

If course it’s advertising like every other sponsor in the sport. The sport would not survive without sponsors unfortunately - you can hold you nose all you want but if Ineos had decided to spend their adverting budget elsewhere there is a strong chance that people would be looking for new jobs.

One could also argue that by sponsoring a high profile team like this they are opening themselves up to negative publicity and therefore it isn’t possibly money well spent but I understand that the their owner is a huge cycling fan and doing it for that reason.

exactly, i cant understand folk saying.... well its a bit different from last year when sky was highlighting the curse of plastic in the ocean, that was sky , the sponsors message, not each individual rider, like i said above by all means moan about the guys fracking and plastics manufacture but thats got feck all to do with the riders, and anyone cursing his plastic manufacturing had best be sure they dont use plastic in any way shape or form, or be branded a hypocrite, i actually think some people would rather see the riders and staff out of a job than have ineos as sponsors

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cycling/48121132

He will pull his sponsorship if there is any evidence of drugs and cheating.
Wonder what his opinion of TUEs is.

david k

Hi

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
anyone cursing his plastic manufacturing had best be sure they dont use plastic in any way shape or form, or be branded a hypocrite,
That sort of extremism, threatening to physically permanently burn people for daring to argue that single use plastics should be avoidable and avoided, is what should have no place in cycling!

DRM

Guru
For what it's worth, if these protesters think they will bother Team Ineos/Chris Froome then they are sadly mistaken, the nasty and disgusting protests they endured as Team Sky by jealous French fans in the Tour de France were far worse, having urine thrown at them, chased up mountains by people in Doctor outfits accompanied by a giant inhaler, I'm sure that a paper mask with Devils horns will make them abandon and jump into the broom wagon....not

Suhdave picks some strange bedfellows. I don't like Radcliffe at all, at all. His stance on fracking, Brexit, emissions and building a new British Land Rover, so long as the govt pays is all pretty dubious. I can't decide if Ineos may be the most amoral sponsor cycling has had. Research required.

Top Bottom