Team Sky/Ineos

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Ineos/the bloke who owns it appear to have nearly limitless amounts of money, so presumably it will be business as usual.

The new team will continue to be the best resourced in the peloton, and continue to be successful on the back of that.

When I first started taking an armchair interest in pro cycling a few years ago, I latched on to Sky because it appeared that was a bit like supporting a UK national team.

Not sure why I thought that, probably because I saw Brallsford involved in Sky and our track cyclists.

Then there was Sky Rides, which also cemented Sky's connection to 'official' cycling.

Sky Rides are finished now, but I wonder if the new sponsor will continue to position the team as a semi-national one.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Ineos already sponsor an Americas Cup team for £110 million, so cycling is a cheap business compared to sailing and should get more coverage in the media.

This sponsorship is lose change when you are worth £20billion.

Last edited:

DRM

Guru
Ineos/the bloke who owns it appear to have nearly limitless amounts of money, so presumably it will be business as usual.

The new team will continue to be the best resourced in the peloton, and continue to be successful on the back of that.

When I first started taking an armchair interest in pro cycling a few years ago, I latched on to Sky because it appeared that was a bit like supporting a UK national team.

Not sure why I thought that, probably because I saw Brallsford involved in Sky and our track cyclists.

Then there was Sky Rides, which also cemented Sky's connection to 'official' cycling.

Sky Rides are finished now, but I wonder if the new sponsor will continue to position the team as a semi-national one.
Ineos is a name that no-one had heard of until this leaked, so as far as advertising goes, it's already worked before they even have the new kit made, so this sponsorship deal has proved to be a bargain, the sailing team didn't make (pardon the pun) such a big splash in the papers or t.v news as the deal to sponsor Team Sky has.

Bobby Mhor

Wasn't born to follow
Quite ironic after Sky's anti-plastics campaign(Ocean Rescue?) that they are going into bed with a company with multiple fracking interests in the UK and abroad..
Radcliffe has thrown the toys out the pram a few times in his dealings with the Scottish Government over the ban on fracking and a couple of other things..
This one will be interesting...

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
Ineos is a name that no-one had heard of until this leaked, so as far as advertising goes, it's already worked before they even have the new kit made, so this sponsorship deal has proved to be a bargain, the sailing team didn't make (pardon the pun) such a big splash in the papers or t.v news as the deal to sponsor Team Sky has.
In the sailing world they made a big splash. It seems a smaller splash in the cycling world.

tom73

Guru
So the official unveiling of the new look Sky team will be at the TDY by the very company that want to frack all over Yorkshire.
What can possible go wrong? Shame the route is not going near and around Kirby Misperton as is the past that would have been interesting.

Top Bottom