Teenager rebelling

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Willow

nearly there are periodic signs it's round the corner

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
BigonaBianchi said:
Does anybody else have one of these??

I think I am going to Screeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaam:headshake::biggrin::biggrin::surrender:

Hang loose then there's nothing to rebel against. It's very effective.

It's worked for all three of my offspring :wacko::biggrin::biggrin:

My youngest's most rebellious act of late was to come back from a sleep over minus 75% of the length of her hair and the remainder dyed burgundy - she'd let her friend's drunken sister cut it with the kitchen scissors - not too bad a job either.

She's explored a spectrum of hair colourings and is now back to natural and is growing her hair back.

The rest of the time she's doing the minimum amount of work to get decent grades and making a great show of 'doing nothing' and not realising that we are tapped into the teachers' bush telegraph and know that she's doing well at school despite her protestations that she's a 'wild child' in the classroom.

My kids' behaviour is tame compared to my own juvenile antics but that's another story.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Doing no work is part of looking cool for those who have the ability to scrape through exams with the minimum of effort.

I've been doing it all my life.

BoaB

You'll survive it !

We had one . She grew out of it and we now have 3x really wonderfull grandsons and a supportive daughter.

Aint Skeered

Bad bad memories.
"Whatever"
"I f*ckin hate you"
etc etc
All the plaster knocked off around her bedroom door, caused by the constant slamming

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
As intense as it is compared to the rest of the phases kids go thru growing up thankfully it remains as short.

You have to learn to deflect all that hormonal hate thrown at you and appear uneffected while still giving off that parental air of trust, love and honesty.

That's the difficult bit when you've been tested beyond your limits.:biggrin:

You could actually call thier bluff and throw them out mind!

Plax

Guru
Uncle Mort said:
Think yourself lucky. I've got two of the buggers. Getting them to do the tiniest thing is like entering into international treaty negotiations. All of the door handles have been ripped off and I can't get near the telly.

That made me laugh. I felt sorry for my dad. There was three of us (with synchronised periods, you'll find that with women that share a house - for some reason everyones period happen to be around the same time). He used to spend a lot of time in the garage, and never got to see the bathroom! He must have spent a fortune trying to pacify us with chocolate :biggrin:.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Uncle Mort said:
Think yourself lucky. I've got two of the buggers. Getting them to do the tiniest thing is like entering into international treaty negotiations. All of the door handles have been ripped off and I can't get near the telly.

I got some of that... I took the doors off and put them in the garage for 2 weeks.
I've also cut plugs off the TV and Computers before now to make a subtle point!

papercorn2000

When I was in my late teens/ early 20s, my sister and girlfriend were "synchronised". For one week each month, both were harpies from hell.

The one upside was that my girlfriend was also as horny as hell.

vernon said:
Hang loose then there's nothing to rebel against. It's very effective.

It's worked for all three of my offspring :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

My youngest's most rebellious act of late was to come back from a sleep over minus 75% of the length of her hair and the remainder dyed burgundy - she'd let her friend's drunken sister cut it with the kitchen scissors - not too bad a job either.

She's explored a spectrum of hair colourings and is now back to natural and is growing her hair back.

The rest of the time she's doing the minimum amount of work to get decent grades and making a great show of 'doing nothing' and not realising that we are tapped into the teachers' bush telegraph and know that she's doing well at school despite her protestations that she's a 'wild child' in the classroom.

My kids' behaviour is tame compared to my own juvenile antics but that's another story.

My daughter constantly worried us that she wasn't doing enough at school. Her AS levels gave her a big wake-up call and she worked ten times harder the following year. Rebellion not quite over though, as she has subsequently dropped out of uni and is now (unsucessfully) on the lookout for a job, not sure of what she wants to do - apart from earning some much needed money. And she's still a teenager!

Cranky

Fab Foodie said:
I got some of that... I took the doors off and put them in the garage for 2 weeks.
I've also cut plugs off the TV and Computers before now to make a subtle point!

I've often considered this - with the upstairs telly anyway - but have never quite had the courage!

ChrisKH

Guru
papercorn2000 said:
When I was in my late teens/ early 20s, my sister and girlfriend were "synchronised". For one week each month, both were harpies from hell.

The one upside was that my girlfriend was also as horny as hell.

What, as well as your sister? You're not from Norwich are you? :biggrin:

Top Bottom