Teenager rebelling

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
BigonaBianchi

BigonaBianchi

Yes I can, Yes I am, Yes I did...Repeat.
..I spent a fair bit of cash (think the cost of this years summer tours and a new bike) on Sibelius 5 music software and Garriton personal orchestra plug in...this stuff is SOTA notation software ...what film scores like Harry potter, James bond etc were composed on....he has a vista loaded pc also new...top class speakers and everything he needs and wants for his composing...which he is very good at...(eevn performed at the RAH)...but tonight it's all a 'piece of shoot'...the computer is...'old'....and even though I offer to figure out the issue and add more memory...no...thats not good enough...I know nothing...he knows it all....shame really to see talent stifled by attitude.
I guess sometimes they have to make their own mistakes (and enemies)...hmm...

Noodley

My elder daughter is not quite a teenager but behaves in the manner described. So far this week I have taken her to and paid for horse riding lessons with one of Scotland's top trainers at the stables where she keeps her horse on full livery; ensured she gets to her guitar and oboe lessons; taken her to dance classes; made sure she gets to and from Ice Skating; paid for her to get her hair styled and dyed; arranged with her friend's mum that she will get to a sleep-over tomorrow; ironed her school clothes, cleaned her boots, bought new sports kit after she lost the last one (she then found it again!); and probably a thousand and one other things....

...but apparently I am a "freak" for telling her to let the dog out tonight after I had sat down with a glass of wine. And she does soooooo much. And has now become ill as she has to do so much....:smile::laugh::biggrin::laugh::ohmy:

Like, whatever :eek:

Noodley said:
... arranged with her friend's mum that she will get to a sleep-over tomorrow;

...but apparently I am a "freak" for telling her to let the dog out tonight after I had sat down with a glass of wine. And she does soooooo much. And has now become ill as she has to do so much....:sad::laugh::sad::laugh::laugh:

Like, whatever :biggrin:

Suggest that she is too ill to go to the sleepover -- I bet she recovers from the illness

MePower

Cranky said:
I've often considered this - with the upstairs telly anyway - but have never quite had the courage!

Dont worry! Its fine as long as its unplugged!:laugh: I once put a suitcase on the bed of my 14 year old and told her to pack. Really drew it out as well, like "make sure you take a very warm coat cos its cold sleeping outside", that sort of thing. Even handed her 20 quid to start her new "life" with :sad: As she packed, she must have realized she was being a cow, and it ended in hugs :sad:
We still have our moments, though!

Nicensleazy said:
Teenage kicks......the Understones

They'll be that well known Jagger/Richards tribute band?

Cranky

MePower said:
Dont worry! Its fine as long as its unplugged!:smile: I once put a suitcase on the bed of my 14 year old and told her to pack. Really drew it out as well, like "make sure you take a very warm coat cos its cold sleeping outside", that sort of thing. Even handed her 20 quid to start her new "life" with ;) As she packed, she must have realized she was being a cow, and it ended in hugs :laugh:
We still have our moments, though!

That's really good!:ohmy:

OP
OP
BigonaBianchi

BigonaBianchi

Yes I can, Yes I am, Yes I did...Repeat.
I think the teenagers that post on here seem to be very 'adult' and cool peeps...perhaps they could chime in here and make a list of stuff that parents do that piss off teenagers...as mine wont tell me:biggrin:

Young Un

BigonaBianchi said:
I think the teenagers that post on here seem to be very 'adult' and cool peeps...perhaps they could chime in here and make a list of stuff that parents do that piss off teenagers...as mine wont tell me:biggrin:

1. hoover the room when ur in it
  2. not have ur washing done on time
  3. moan at you for not wearing enough clothes
  4. stand in front of the tv when ur watching it
  5. kick you off the comp so they can read their emails

Willow

I cleared my 12 yr olds drawers out over the christmas holidays and told him in no uncertain terms they would be inspected weekly (not pryed in just opened) and if they weren't tidy he'd be doing his own ironing. It may be short lived but to date they are good so much so I;m going to top up his phone this weekend for him.;)

iLB

Hello there
BigonaBianchi said:

1. when making a point of something, don't go on and on and on and on and onxx(
1. a) don't go on and on and on and on, apologise for going on, and then continue to go on and on :angry:
2. please don't come upstairs, stand next to my washing that needs to go donwstairs, and tell me to take it down when your about to go down again anyway (i will bring it down, eventually) :stop:
3. don't deflate my tyres and hide the pump so i cant go out riding (i mighta have actually finished my hwk):evil: :bicycle:
4. please read my mind and wash and iron the clothes i wont that evening without me saying anything:becool:
5. don't turn off the wi fi internet before telling me, i might be in the middle of someting important :evil:

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
BigonaBianchi said:
..I spent a fair bit of cash (think the cost of this years summer tours and a new bike) on Sibelius 5 music software and Garriton personal orchestra plug in...this stuff is SOTA notation software ...what film scores like Harry potter, James bond etc were composed on....he has a vista loaded pc also new...top class speakers and everything he needs and wants for his composing...which he is very good at...(eevn performed at the RAH)...but tonight it's all a 'piece of shoot'...the computer is...'old'....and even though I offer to figure out the issue and add more memory...no...thats not good enough...I know nothing...he knows it all....shame really to see talent stifled by attitude.
I guess sometimes they have to make their own mistakes (and enemies)...hmm...

boarding school

Top Bottom