Teenager rebelling

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Willow

Rolling Thunder said:
Yeah well packing a case for him in your situation could easily backfire seeing as how he has his dads to go to.

In theory, in practise he knows he couldn't do that as his dad isn't around enough to take him to school (major advantage there) football, cricket, tennis etc etc. Thankfully his dad and I agree on discipline so he is phoning at 3pm to check the jobs have been done before he picks him up. Which is obviously why now he's done them, apologised and is doing exactly as he wants (ie computer) which was the deal.

MePower

Yeah, bit young for the case thing, mine was 13 at the time, but my 3 girls seem to thrive on the reward and discipline method, reward/treat for good behaviour, withdraw priveliges if bad. You still get the stropiness, and its very hard to see past it, especialy when emotions are so charged. 10 mins with a cup of tea, and then i try again but making an effort to change the way i say what i want to get across to them. I`ve found that you have to be consistant with them, or it frustrates the hell out of them.

Top Bottom