teetotal Discussion thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
not touched alcohol for about 5 years , since I started on the fentanyl patches , I still go to the pub but im on soft drinks, as ive said before if anyone has a problem then its exactly that , its their problem, I was never one for getting totally sh!tfaced

screenman

Legendary Member
We go out often I enjoy a drink or 4, however I drive home from most social functions so that Pam can have a glass of three, which means no booze for me, it has never been a problem.

Barely drink but not tee total. Can often go 2 or 3 weeks with nothing. Only alcohol is generally if meeting in the pub then it’s a few pints.

The thing that annoys me is that alcohol permeates so many social occasions. People generally can’t meet up without alcohol being involved. Even if it’s not in a pub a large enough group will then involve alcohol in other ways. I sometimes have a bit but often not. But when it becomes the focus of the meet it can become desperately boring very quickly.

Even a number of social cycle rides become tedious excuses for people to talk about and drink alcohol. If you want to, fair enough, but it often becomes the primary focus and the ride is secondary.

Globalti

Legendary Member
I used to enjoy getting pissed and still enjoy a pint or two but nowadays I keep it moderate because I don't enjoy the hour or two after drinking.

A cup of decaff tea is my evening treat now. Two or three glasses of wine a week and a pint or two at the weekend.

tom73

Guru
I don’t drink much and then I do I much prefer quality or quantity much more enjoyable and no risk of getting smashed. Most of my mates are quite open to both have a drink or equally no thanks. So not really a issue but you have to what’s right for you and if you stop being invited to stuff then look at this way it’s not your loss.
The main problem is alcohol has become such a large part of our society added to the mix is supermarkets selling the stuff at next to nothing equals a big mess which for many sadly becomes a public health issue.

vickster

Legendary Member
I drink when I fancy it, some weeks I might have max 2 or 3 drinks, many weeks I have none. I'll drink more on holiday though but still no more than a couple of drinks a day. Last few years, I've been dry from New Year's Day to Easter or beyond

Top Bottom