Tell me about your avatar.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
21759.jpg
I had this one for a while. Annoying isn't it?!

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
I can't be doing with people who change their avatar every 5 minutes. They must have a really short attention span......

Sharky

Guru
Me finishing my first 50 in 1967 somewhere near Lydiate (Nr Liverpool).

I'd punctured and I'd patched it losing about 15mins and if you look close enough, there is a huge black smudge on my nose.

The bike was a "Bates" and would be valuable today, but in those days, it was just old, with HP's, steel handlebars and steel chain set. I traded it in a few weeks later for an RJ Quin with tubs and alloy everything. The next 50 I rode, I won 1st H/C with a time of about 2hr 16mins.

KW_Bikes005.jpg

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Mine was taken on a motorbike trip to Italy. We had a gorgeous week in the sun and then set off back to Denmark. This was at the start of September. We got to St. Moritz at lunchtime and it was pouring with rain, so we stayed in a hotel.

When we woke up the following morning. We found we had a metre of snow all over the countryside and we were stuck. The snow ploughs got us out and we eventually got below the snow line to another hotel.

What a nightmare of a ride it was.

My avatar is of me having a beer in the bar after our ordeal.

P1010613.jpg

P1010622.jpg

Notice the lack of winter boots :sad: My feet were freezing. In fact I was freezing all over.

Jannie was my pillion passenger and was a total hero.

I cannot tell you how welcome that beer was.

Last edited:

Dave 123

Legendary Member
This is a Charolais cow in France. We'd stopped for lunch along the canal de Borgogne on a tandem ride. Mrs Dave was snoozing, so I went and made friends with another young lady.

Top Bottom