Tell me about your day......

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DanZac

One of those days when you should have stayed in bed. Bottom fell out of the box coming out of the shops this morning smashing 4 bottles of beer, the majority of it all over me. Fair play the shop were really good and replaced all the broken stuff which I thought was really good. And then to top the day off I got knocked over by a bloke on a bike riding on the pavement whilst out running this evening.
As a cyclist I take the thought of being knocked off my bike by a motorist as an almost acceptable risk, being caught out by a cyclist whilst running was a bit of a shock to say the least!
Good friday my ar**.

gbb

Legendary Member
Start the removal of bath and basin at circa 8.30am, plus general associated bits.
Build up new bath and vanity unit, spend hours trying to get bath secure, level and solid. Plumb up, find inevitable leaks, solve, quick visit to the dreaded BnQ for some waste mods...finish at 9pm.
Stressy at times, relaxed at others, lost far too much time getting bath secure and right..but all in place now. Tiling tomorrow.

Levo-Lon

Guru
Went into next doors house armed with a hammer to catch intruders..lucky for them they had foooked off ..
I hate burglars..nothing taken but its the second vist..neighbours moving now anyway

Lullabelle

Banana
Grocery shopping on Saturday morning then planted some seeds in the afternoon. Went for a walk in the evening and bought 2 bottles of red wine and some chocolate. The chocolate is now gone and we are on our second bottle of red wine :cheers:

gbb

Legendary Member
The last 2 weeks at work have been physically hard, working today but determined It's gonna be a steady easy day...and it was. That left me feeling ok after a 10 hour shift..and straight onto the bathroom refit at 6pm.
Tiles now removed (sorry next door neighbour)..cleared, my trusty H/D old Henry hoover has sucked up loads of tile debris, ....and relax.
9pm now..cuppa and a bath soon.
Tomorrow, old suite out, new fitments in then hopefully some tiling.

Tiled yesterday, start at 8.30 finish a 9pm.

Finished the last few tiles this morning then grouting.
Couple of small persitent leaks. Black sparkly top surface fitted to pipework and ciatern partition. Two wall cupboards reduced in depth and fitted.. new concealed cistern handle fitted, hole cut in tile to accomodate it, Various bits mastic'd..another play with a persitent drip...lots and lots...and lots of cleaning up, done at 8pm.
One more day should see it done. Looks lovely already.
Today..quite a bit of swearing, a little laughter, no blood and two tantrums. Who'd do it as a full time job, not me.

luckyfox

She's the cats pajamas
Thus far, woke up at 5am after a couple of hours sleep to realise I had the worlds greatest thirst... While giggling at myself being incapable of using the kitchen tap it was then I realised that we didn't just go out for 'one' last night. Yes thats right in an event rarer then that eclipse thingy the other day...i went out. Not to the local, not for 'one', I went out-out. Yes thats right on a school night, i am such a rebel!

Well clearly I couldnt drive the bike so i've had get dressed for the peasant wagon. Nice Costa man topped me up with enough milky caffeine to get me sitting at my desk where clearly im no use to anyone. Having made no attempt to prepare food I have a mixed bag of substances from Tesco to help me survive the day.

I'd like a lot of sympathy today because it not self inflicted, i was tricked into going out by the bigger kids and they bullied me into it!! (Might be a fib)

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Wife taken to hospital at 2 am with high BP, shakes and clamminess.
She has a history of TIA mini strokes ( ones that have no permanent side effects ) so we had to be careful, back at 5 am with nothing found but the high BP . She does have a part of her brain that has shrunk since her chemo/radiotherapy years ago .
We had been to gullivers kingdom on the rides the day before.

gbb

Legendary Member
Wife taken to hospital at 2 am with high BP, shakes and clamminess.
She has a history of TIA mini strokes ( ones that have no permanent side effects ) so we had to be careful, back at 5 am with nothing found but the high BP . She does have a part of her brain that has shrunk since her chemo/radiotherapy years ago .
We had been to gullivers kingdom on the rides the day before.
Hope she recovers soon CK :okay:

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Hopefully you will get out on the bike another time to make up for it today, it's nice you are doing the family thing and letting her rest.

Top Bottom