Tell me about your day......

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rafferty

I can't do anything. Had a series of cortisone injections into my shoulder joint yesterday, and the pain from those is worse than the underlying condition.

Katherine

Guru
I can't do anything. Had a series of cortisone injections into my shoulder joint yesterday, and the pain from those is worse than the underlying condition.
Oh. Hope it settles.

D

Deleted member 1258

Up early, had breakfast then an hour later woke my Good Lady up with a cup of tea. The day started to go downhill when we went out later to go shopping and I discovered I'd got a flat, screw through the tyre, and I had to change the wheel before we went out, it got worse later when I went to pick up the repaired tyre and found out the tyre was scrap, badly perished and starting to split by the bead, had to have it replaced. apart from that it was a routine Saturday, shopping in the morning and housework in the afternoon before watching the rugby.

gbb

Legendary Member
I'll find out tomorrow if todays technical fix (bodge) holds out.
For the mechanics among us...
Slipping /stalling drive on a machine, chain driven via a clutch, the clutch just doesn't hold...so, can I adjust it ?..yes I can but only a smidgeon. Its not a friction plate type, its sprung loaded balls and detent plate. The bell housing is adjusted right in but the pressure on the balls isnt enough to stop it slipping...so..what can I do to keep production going ?...insert a washer between balls and springs. Result is, instant drive, no slip. A tad dodgy, it could eat itself, but I love a tester of a problem.

First thing this morning at work ...how's that machine doing ?....perfectly well is the answer :okay:
A bodge innovative solution that worked :dance:....and it occurs to me, with that kind of workspeak, i could be a manager :tongue:.
But that's why i'm here on a Sunday morning and the manager is probably just having his tea and toast in his pyjamas in his kitchen. But i'm not the jealous type....:headshake:

Martin710

My day started with feeding my dog then checking the weather. Sunshine.... get the bike out.
Ride to peak district. Started raining about an hour from homeso cold and wet but enjoyed it. Now sitting watching England struggling.. nearly time to feed dog again.. overall a good Sunday :bicycle:

Weather looked a bit cr*p for the bike today, went for a little walk up the Water of Leith, about 10 miles. Got back and watched the weekend's other big race from Belgium.

gbb

Legendary Member
I've got to have that done and I'm dreading it!!
Mum whos in her 80s occasionally has cortisone injections..., I said uggh mum, I wouldnt like that...she said, its no problem, I dont mind them really.
The thought of one would fill me with dread too...and yet the fear is often worse than the reality, I had a needle into my back, into the pleuritic space to draw off fluid...piece of cake.

Martin710

Today Crohn's disease playing up so no getting on bike today:sad:.
Weather is not too good either. So a bit of surfing I think.

Bryony

Veteran
Mum whos in her 80s occasionally has cortisone injections..., I said uggh mum, I wouldnt like that...she said, its no problem, I dont mind them really.
The thought of one would fill me with dread too...and yet the fear is often worse than the reality, I had a needle into my back, into the pleuritic space to draw off fluid...piece of cake.
I know I'm worrying over nothing really! I've had various medical procedures done that were a lot worse than a needle in my shoulder so it should be no probs!! I've just got to man up!! :laugh:

gbb

Legendary Member
Spent half the day dreading looking at my mobile for fear of bad news...our brother in law has cancer, albeit quite treatable. Hes on chemo but has developed an infection after coming into contact with someone with Norovirus....he's now quite desperately ill..very desperately.
He's in all our thoughts....

Later though, one more internal door hung, handles and latch fitted. All going well, only 5 to go.

Top Bottom