Tell me about your day......

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mrs M

Guru
Spent half the day dreading looking at my mobile for fear of bad news...our brother in law has cancer, albeit quite treatable. Hes on chemo but has developed an infection after coming into contact with someone with Norovirus....he's now quite desperately ill..very desperately.
He's in all our thoughts....

Later though, one more internal door hung, handles and latch fitted. All going well, only 5 to go.

Hope your brother in law makes a good, speedy recovery.

Great ride into work, 2" of nice fresh snow, sunshine, blue sky :smile:
Several of colleagues complaining about 'nightmare' commutes in their cars. Put me into full smug mode.
As usual, spent most of the day on conference calls but in a brief break my boss's boss introduced me to his own boss's boss. This guy is seriously important, only 3 rungs beneath the number 1 boss, I mean he's practically royalty. Unfortunately my elevator pitch deserted me just when I needed it, I just gibbered. :sad:
Rode home in horrible wet sleet. And the day had started so well...

brand

Broke my chainsaw, electric one I use at home. Tiny tiny part inch long by quarter inch square. Can't tighten chain up without it. The sickner is its under garuntee, about 2 years left but for the first time ever I have lost the receipt. £10.50 unbelievable its almost invisible.

Levo-Lon

Guru
Figured out how to put pic of my phone on to my tablet so I dont have to use phone to put my ride today pics on here..pita
little pic of a back garden ive about finished..
20150305_093251.jpg

TVC

Been to work, now going out to buy white deck shoes. On my return we will be going to the pub for a pint of Original and a rather nice burger.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
A week on Saturday, on a 747 out of Heathrow. My Suunto has a new battery and my flip flops gave been washed :okay:

There you go @classic33, another chance to stalk a flight!!

luckyfox

She's the cats pajamas
Did not pack enough lunch, repeat did not pack enough... :thumbsdown:
Commute was good, bit of gusty headwind but not too bad. Work has been busy. Running club tonight and then cuppa with ALL THE FOOD!

Weather distinctly dreich this morning, opted for a sightseeing trip (by car) to Stirling, making use of our Historic Scotland membership to avoid the £14.50 admission to the castle. Followed that with a trip to the admission free Stirling Smith museum. Both very enjoyable, will visit both again. Particularly liked the WWII German POW's war art and the WWII dolls house at the museum. Nice display of daffs near the William Wallace statute, sun was out by then, looking very spring like :smile:

Lazy start to the day. There's no public transport through my town on public holidays so cycled to Bridport then caught the bus to Lyme to spend the afternoon & evening with parents. My sister & her family were visiting so got to see them as well.

gbb

Legendary Member
The last 2 weeks at work have been physically hard, working today but determined It's gonna be a steady easy day...and it was. That left me feeling ok after a 10 hour shift..and straight onto the bathroom refit at 6pm.
Tiles now removed (sorry next door neighbour)..cleared, my trusty H/D old Henry hoover has sucked up loads of tile debris, ....and relax.
9pm now..cuppa and a bath soon.
Tomorrow, old suite out, new fitments in then hopefully some tiling.

Top Bottom