Tell us your "D'oh!" stories ...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

wheresthetorch

Dreaming of Celeste
Passed my test at 17..promised mum and dad I'd drive up that weekend to see them im Peterborough. Id always been a passenger of course prior to passing....I knew to drive through Newark, then turn onto the A1.....Southbound. I'd hitched it a few times.
A good many miles later I saw signs for Doncaster....I knew summat was wrong.:banghead:
'Hello mum, sorry, I'm not gonna make it today....I'll come tomorrow' :blush:

Always serviced my own cars....warmed the engine on one occasion, drained the oil, changed the filter, refilled with oil, being careful not to spill any over the engine etc....to look down and see an ever expanding pool of fresh oil spreading under my feet....dagnabit :angry:

When I first passed my driving test many moons ago, I arranged to visit mum and dad in Peterborough. I knew from sitting in the passenger seat as a kid, you left Newark, went over the A1 and joined it. So off I went. A good many miles passed and I started to think...I don't remember that....or that !!. As the signs for Doncaster started appearing....I rang mum and dad in Peterborough and said...'fraid I'm not going to make it, I headed North not South on the A1 :blush:.

Changed the oil In a car once. Drained the oil, fitted a new filter, refilled the oil....to see an ever growing slick developing around my feet...:angry:doh !!!

Memory fail too!! ^_^^_^

gbb

Legendary Member
Memory fail too!! ^_^^_^
DOH :laugh:?..well it was last year ...

Top Bottom