Tells us what cycling is coming up on TV....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Red17

Veteran
Just noticed cx world championships are on BBC iplayer this weekend. Women Saturday 14.10 and mens Sunday 14.05

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Just noticed cx world championships are on BBC iplayer this weekend. Women Saturday 14.10 and mens Sunday 14.05
Also on Freeview/Freesat Red Button 1 Saturday 17.10(w) and 22.00(w), Sunday 14.30(m), 15.40(w), 16.55(m), 20.30(w) and 21.45(m). They're listed as parts 1/6 and 2/6, but I can't see parts 3 to 6.

Also various repeats on Eurosport 1 and 2 until at least Wednesday.

Good race, not tooo much running, and a proper spectacle; good advert for bike racing. (and drama with 2mins to go!)

My spoiler magnet was on usual form; I have a poor history with watching bikeracing on t'internet! I think there were 3 ways to watch today, and I picked the only 1 with a spoiler:

@Chap sur le velo did you watch it live? That would have avoided this nonsense 🤦‍♀️
Think I'll record the red-button coverage tomorrow - although that is fraught with issues on past basis :wacko:

Chap sur le velo

Über Member
Yes I saw it live and you really couldn't predict a winner.

That catch up is NUTS! Thanks once again, for the spoiler alert.
For anyone who is curious to see the race but hasn't looked at the iPlayer site yet, do yourself a favour and get someone else to start the replay for you to avoid a serious BBC Snafu.

Tomorrow I plan to be be out cycling when its on. I will ask Mrs ChapSlV to set the action up on iplayer - just in case.

LeetleGreyCells

Un rouleur infatigable
Fantastic race, edge-of-your-seat stuff! :becool:

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Yes I saw it live and you really couldn't predict a winner.

That catch up is NUTS! Thanks once again, for the spoiler alert.
For anyone who is curious to see the race but hasn't looked at the iPlayer site yet, do yourself a favour and get someone else to start the replay for you to avoid a serious BBC Snafu.

Tomorrow I plan to be be out cycling when its on. I will ask Mrs ChapSlV to set the action up on iplayer - just in case.
Or just watch it on freesat or freeview red button. No spoiler there :smile:

Adam4868

Guru
Pah beach cycling !
I thought the Prix Cycliste De Marseille was on Eurosport ? Can't see it on my tv guide or would it only be on the player/app thing ?

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
I have just been told by BT Sport that Eurosport will soon no longer be available, currently it’s a free ad on for me.
It has been bought by Amazon and will be £6.99 a month via Prime.
There goes some of my cycling coverage. ITV4 will have to do for now.

Chap sur le velo

Über Member
Another vote for Time Trial...

How rare to see a sports documentary where they let the film show the players in action without some berk pontificating endlessly on top.
There are lots of Questions left unanswered and very little context, but I found it thrilling.

Probably best watched on your own as It's not really bothered about a general audience, but its cycling gold.

Last edited:
Think I'll record the red-button coverage tomorrow - although that is fraught with issues on past basis
That worked! I didn't want to watch the first 2 laps anyway, so messy with all those riders on the screen at the same time!

A much less interesting race - shame they only really showed the 1-2 battle, when Pidcock's charge for a medal was where the action was.
[this statement contains no patriotic bias. Move along, nothing to see.] Still a great spectacle, though you have to say the women had a better scrap for the win :okay:

Top Bottom