Tells us what cycling is coming up on TV....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I've just watched the relive of yesterday's (Sunday's) GP La Marseilles on GCN. After what seems like so long I enjoyed it and a big spoiler a cyclist won :okay:

Mike_P

Guru
Volta a Communitat Valenciana live on E1 Wed-Fri from 1430, Sat&Sun 1515.
Is it actually taking place? On BT E1 has Tennis and E2, where according to my printed TV guide it should be on, there are repeats of various cycle races from last year

The Bear

Über Member
For those of us paying out for Sky so we can swatch Eurosport, I'm concerned about their cycling coverage so far this year. I haven't seen a single bit of live coverage yet - nothing. I think on Monday we'll see UAE live, but looking ahead to next Saturday, it's worrying to see that they are repeating the 2020 Strade Bianchi and K-B-K races off and on all day when they should be showing LIVE Het Nieuwsblad.

I did live chat with somebody at Eurosport today and they said it was Sky's fault because they choose which Eurosport programmes they choose to actually broadcast. Frankly I don't think this adds up. I guess it's possible the programme schedules are messed up and I've got things wrong, but judging but their performance so far this year I'm beginning to wonder.

Surely they can't be that desperate for everybody to subscribe to Eurosport Player and the GCN thingy? That kind of adds up because just about every other online streaming of live cycling has been geo-restricted since last season.

Anybody in the know? Thoughts?

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
For those of us paying out for Sky so we can swatch Eurosport, I'm concerned about their cycling coverage so far this year. I haven't seen a single bit of live coverage yet - nothing. I think on Monday we'll see UAE live, but looking ahead to next Saturday, it's worrying to see that they are repeating the 2020 Strade Bianchi and K-B-K races off and on all day when they should be showing LIVE Het Nieuwsblad.

I did live chat with somebody at Eurosport today and they said it was Sky's fault [...]
Anybody in the know? Thoughts?
E2 HD is showing Omloop and UAE Tour next Saturday. As usual, skiing takes priority on E1 and so only shows highlights later.

I've no idea why the Sky version isn't showing cycling but they have done that before. Another reason to say: don't buy Sky! Put a second antenna on the dish and get E1 Deutsch free for now, or buy an app sub. :sad:

Mike_P

Guru
Is this just a BT E1 oddity that highlights of the 2021 Kuurne-Brussels-Kuurne are apparently on at 1230pm tomorrow when it does not take place until next Sunday. If something is not on E1/E2 there are usually Youtube clips, or longer, freely available like Lanterne Rouges Tour de la Porvance highlights

mjr

Is this just a BT E1 oddity that highlights of the 2021 Kuurne-Brussels-Kuurne are apparently on at 1230pm tomorrow when it does not take place until next Sunday.
No, Sky's is doing the same! The main E1 is showing some Australian Open tennis at that time, following the live UAE Tour. Wonder what BT and Sky will show you?

bladesman73

Über Member
So no Het Nieuwsblad on Eurosport this year. Rights issue apparently. Organisers of the race also run Ghent Wevelgem, Amstel Gold, Scheldeprijs and seems they wont be shown as well. Not on GCN Pass either. Brilliant, what a shitshow

mjr

So no Het Nieuwsblad on Eurosport this year. Rights issue apparently. Organisers of the race also run Ghent Wevelgem, Amstel Gold, Scheldeprijs and seems they wont be shown as well. Not on GCN Pass either. Brilliant, what a shitshow
Still on my EPG but I have often mentioned how fictional it can be. Where did you hear about this?

Update: found https://www.cyclist.co.uk/news/9254/omloop-het-nieuwsblad-wont-be-broadcast-on-eurosport-or-gcn but the tweet it is based on has been removed.

Top Bottom