Teman men's road bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pedal pusher

Veteran
Does anybody know anything about these bikes. Have seen them on e bay going for under £200. This would be my first road bike and wondered if it would be suitable. Many thanks

Hmm, seems to be a lot of low cost components which may wear out quickly. Down tube shifters take some getting used to depending on what you've been riding up to now. The ride may be harsh as it has an alloy frame and some large cross section tubes.
All in all I would try to get a second hand "name brand" which would probably end up being a more satisfying ride.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
A little off-topic, but I've only seen Teman bikes locked up but with wheels missing; one is alongside CS3 with no front wheel and the rear wheel minus spokes and hub - there's just a rim attached to the D-lock - and I saw another one yesterday with no rear wheel. (I think that was in Clapham) I've never seen one being ridden or with 2 wheels though.

I don't know whether that means Teman owners when they get back to their bike and find it's been vandalised, decide it's just not worth any more bother.... Obviously, 2 bikes is not a large enough sample to be able to answer this question. Curious, though, that the only ones I've seen had been abandoned.

Chris-H

Über Member
These seem a similar spec to my cheapie road bike,Viking Giro D'italia,its ok as a starter bike but the components are cheap,since owning mine ( 3months) i've upgraded the brake calipers as they were very poor quality,the tyres and then replaced the stem and bars,but thats more to do with riding position preferences,so if you do decide to get one be prepared to upgrade some of the bits,will be interesting to see how it fares as i quite like the look of the white and black hyybrid they do.Now my cheapie has been upgraded it rides well and is fairly fast and light.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Hmm, seems to be a lot of low cost components which may wear out quickly. Down tube shifters take some getting used to depending on what you've been riding up to now. The ride may be harsh as it has an alloy frame and some large cross section tubes.
All in all I would try to get a second hand "name brand" which would probably end up being a more satisfying ride.

Further reading says its lightweight at 11kg for the frame, my carrera virtuoso weighs less than that for the whole bike , its on offer atm as well for £250, with sti shifters ( you can change gear while keeping your hands on the handlebars )and better components all round .I did 70 + miles on mine yesterday and it was fine ,it even has points so you can add a rack + mudgaurds if you want to use it for commuting or carrying more stuff on leisure rides.

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/..._productId_272635_langId_-1_categoryId_165710

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
horses for courses , but tend to agree with the going for a 2nd hand branded bike for that budget should be able to pick loads of choice from retro to more modern rides

OP
OP
Pedal pusher

Pedal pusher

Veteran
Thank's everybody for the advice/links. The Carrera Virtuoso seems to be sold out and no stores have any left. Had a chat with a work colleague who agreed with you guys don't bother with a Teman it will only put me off cycling.

Top Bottom