Tempest or New ADV 9.0

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
I think they do but I do not have the space to build a bike at the moment so have to go for the complete bike. It's a good frame which I can upgrade over time.
They can build it for you surely? But sounds like you went for the 1x :okay:

OP
OP
Maherees

Maherees

Über Member
They can build it for you surely? But sounds like you went for the 1x :okay:
Yes, I went for the 1X as I fixed the issue with my current one (also Rival 1) and had an issue-free ride on Sunday.

OP
OP
Maherees

Maherees

Über Member
Yeah they will. Mine has a double chainset. Email them if you want it. It's a much more versatile bike with the extra spread of gears.
Just to update you as I did email Planet X and they replied, "
A 2x system is possible on the Tempest but at the moment we do not have stock for a gravel-specific double chainring on the front.
We have road style double chainrings but you may find yourself over-geared for the type of riding that the bike is intended for. "

It's certainly not a deal-breaker for me as i have been riding with a 1X system for a while now.

What gears do you use to ride potholed roads and canal paths ?

If all you did was off-road Gravel then yes go for the lower gears but my 2x Tempest has done stretches of canals and off road just fine. 95% at least is on road for me. This is one bikepath I found that was all gravel but it's a crap ride whatever gears you have on.

Screenshot_20201222-100905__01.jpg

Top Bottom