Tendonitis advice

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Coggy

I have quite sore tendons in the back of my right leg behind my knee.

Does anyone else suffer with this after a ride ?

If so, what advice do you have please ?

vickster

Legendary Member
Stretch and RICE. Check your saddle position. If it persists see a physiotherapist for a diagnosis and an exercise programme

vickster

Legendary Member
There are plenty of guides online, Shelton brown and you tube. Or you can pay for a bike fit. Are you new to rising, what bike do you have, is it new?

OP
OP
Coggy

Coggy

There are plenty of guides online, Shelton brown and you tube. Or you can pay for a bike fit. Are you new to rising, what bike do you have, is it new?

Yes new to riding.

Have a Carrera Zelos at the moment.

Have changed the pedals to Shimano SPDs. I understand from somewhere else that the position of my cleats could be a potential issue. I just positioned them in the middle and toward the front of the shoes. Only have the tendon issue in my right leg.

how many miles do you cover when out

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
If it is tendinitis then you will need to let it completely heal before bike riding again or you will inflame it again. When I had it in my shin it took over 2 weeks before it healed completely.

OP
OP
Coggy

Coggy

If it is tendinitis then you will need to let it completely heal before bike riding again or you will inflame it again. When I had it in my shin it took over 2 weeks before it healed completely.

To be honest maybe I am being a bit dramatic. It's not excrutiating pain or anything more like stiffness and a dull ache.

Could well be down to lack of warm up/stretching and possibly my seat height although that is not high at all. I am about 5ft 11 and my seat is only a couple of inches above cross bar and when sat on saddle i am on my very tips of toes.

vickster

Legendary Member
As Ian says, you don't want it becoming chronic. An anti inflammatory gel or pills might help

Top Bottom