Tent recommendations

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

smeg

Steak :wacko: ?? On the side of a mountain ....................

Well if it's cold enough to make ones gas stove go all funny the steak wont go off, you'd probably use the whole canister of gas to cook the bloody thing though :biggrin: I had a good fryup once up the side of a mountain near Kinlochleven, the black pudding was reduced in the Co-Op and the sausages are nice in Scotland. Mmmm yummy :tongue:

Crankarm

Guru
http://www.blacks.co...alite-tent.html

http://www.ultralightoutdoorgear.co.uk/vaude_taurus_ultralight_tent.html

Blacks have the Vaude Taurus Ultralight tent on offer for £135.99, yes, £135.99 down from MRP £274.99, but normal going price is £199 - £249.00. It weighs 1.95kg and is a doddle to put up and take down.

I have one and it is really rather good. £64 off normal price can't be bad. I paid £199 for one back in 2004. It's still going strong.

Apparently Blacks have to get rid of all this seasons tents by this weekend so grab a bargain. Sign up to their discount/loyalty card and get a further 10% off. (I have no connection with or receive any commission from them).

Crankarm

Guru
http://www.blacks.co...alite-tent.html

http://www.ultraligh...light_tent.html

Blacks have the Vaude Taurus Ultralight tent on offer for £135.99, yes, £135.99 down from MRP £274.99, but normally the going price is £199 - £249.00. It weighs 1.95kg and is a doddle to put up and take down. Good in stormy weather apparently although I've not used mine in a storm, yet.

I have one and it is really rather good. £64 off normal price can't be bad. I paid £199 for one back in 2004. It's still going strong.

Apparently Blacks have to get rid of all this seasons tents by this weekend so grab a bargain. Sign up to their discount/loyalty card and get a further 10% off. (I have no connection with or receive any commission from them).

Crankarm

Guru
Can you do this online or is it only available in the stores? I couldn't find it on the website...

It was on their home page although can't now see it. All you have to do is supply your name and address, well that's all I had to do, but in-store.

Apparently you also get points/vouchers depending on the amount you spend a bit like a loyalty card plus further "exclusive" discounts ...... I just used it to get more off my spend on my stove purchases. If there are other benefits then great.

They now have another offer spend over £100 and get a £20 voucher. So the tent would be even cheaper £115.

Crankarm

Guru
The Vaude Taurus UL has a porch and the extra space inside using it as a one person tent means there's not a problem getting your luggage inside and still having space to spread out. A folded Brompton will fit in the porch area.

Two people with luggage might be a tight squeeze depending of course their size and how much luggage. For a couple it would be cosy.

thistler

Veteran
It was on their home page although can't now see it. All you have to do is supply your name and address, well that's all I had to do, but in-store.

Apparently you also get points/vouchers depending on the amount you spend a bit like a loyalty card plus further "exclusive" discounts ...... I just used it to get more off my spend on my stove purchases. If there are other benefits then great.

They now have another offer spend over £100 and get a £20 voucher. So the tent would be even cheaper £115.
I couldn't find where you sign up, it wasn't part of the homepage scrolling ads....but I did find a 15% off code so was able to get the tent for £115.59, and should also receive the £20 voucher, making the tent £95!!!  

Thanks so much for posting this - I was considering just getting a cheapie tent for now and upgrading next year but now I don't have to!!!   :thumbsup:  

Crankarm

Guru
I couldn't find where you sign up, it wasn't part of the homepage scrolling ads....but I did find a 15% off code so was able to get the tent for £115.59, and should also receive the £20 voucher, making the tent £95!!!

Thanks so much for posting this - I was considering just getting a cheapie tent for now and upgrading next year but now I don't have to!!! :thumbsup:

Wow!!!!

I thought I did well yesterday, but you definitely get first prize today. You have definitely got an excellent tent for a hugely reduced price. As they say, don't look a gift horse in the mouth .............. Anyway I'm glad to have been able to help.

This morning I was even talking myself into buying a second Taurus UL at those prices, one for me, one for the bike ;), but mine although 6 years old is still in excellent condition. It cost me £199.

doog

Thanks so much for posting this - I was considering just getting a cheapie tent for now and upgrading next year but now I don't have to!!! :thumbsup:

I purchased this tent for next year and like you got the 15% off
smile.gif
free delivery and touch wood the voucher.

I now have two tents...
rolleyes.gif
a larger heavier one with a big porch and a smaller lighter one with a smaller porch...the appeal to me is the time to erect the thing, my present Vango Tornado 200 is a great tent but really is a good 20 mins to put up, im hoping the Vaude will be quicker!

Crankarm

Guru
I purchased this tent for next year and like you got the 15% off
smile.gif
free delivery and touch wood the voucher.

I now have two tents...
rolleyes.gif
a larger heavier one with a big porch and a smaller lighter one with a smaller porch...the appeal to me is the time to erect the thing, my present Vango Tornado 200 is a great tent but really is a good 20 mins to put up, im hoping the Vaude will be quicker!

The VT UL will take you about 3 mins max 5 when you are familiar with it. I found it is actually self standing provided the ground sheet is pegged out at the corners. One doesn't really need the guy ropes, if it's a still warm evening, you are knackered and can't be bothered. Obviously it is better with them but it's not the end of the world. 10 minutes is ample time to have it pitched. You could probably have had supper be sitting with your feet up and feeling pretty pleased with yourself in the time it takes to pitch your Vango Tornado ........... which is probably a very fine tent in every respect as well.

Enjoy your VT UL. I would actually put it up when you receive it just to make sure everything is ok rather than wait until next year. You're probably going to do this anyway.

doog

The VT UL will take you about 3 mins max 5 when you are familiar with it. I found it is actually self standing provided the ground sheet is pegged out at the corners. One doesn't really need the guy ropes, if it's a still warm evening, you are knackered and can't be bothered. Obviously it is better with them but it's not the end of the world. 10 minutes is ample time to have it pitched. You could probably have had supper be sitting with your feet up and feeling pretty pleased with yourself in the time it takes to pitch your Vango Tornado ........... which is probably a very fine tent in every respect as well.

Enjoy your VT UL. I would actually put it up when you receive it just to make sure everything is ok rather than wait until next year. You're probably going to do this anyway.

3 to 5 minutes sounds ideal. I daresay I will use it in September when the camp sites thin out, kids go back to school and the sun comes back out!! (he says hopefully)

MighyG

thistler, what was the 15% off code ?

thanks

paul

Crankarm

Guru
Just been on the Blacks website as I decided to get one for my brother whose birthday it is in a few weeks and b****r me they are flippin' sold out :sad:. Would have been a cracking present as I never could have afforded to give something like that at anywhere near it's normal price. Oh well he's just got 2 cycling tee shirts now which were also from Blacks. S'pose I've had a good week with bargains from them.

Top Bottom