Tents

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Nigeyy

Legendary Member
I'm a bit late in responding, but I bought this tent for my brother to use when he came over to cycle tour with me so thought I'd add my feedback.

Well... meh... it's a tent, no doubt about that, but its a one person tent, and there really isn't much room to store anything. The other thing is that its single skin, so it is prone to condensation -something my brother said he had a problem with in the morning with this tent. The ventilation is also limited -and I'm not sure I'd want to sleep in this in colder wet climates.

On the good side:
-its cheap (bought it for $20 on sale), lightweight, small and packable
-is waterproof and keeps the insects out
-serves a purpose (I gave it to my brother and he took it home with him)

[
I've used this in past, but it's a bit claustrophobic. The size is quite right. I've been preferring the hammock to this.
https://wenzelco.com/starlite-1/

Anyway, if it's windy enough to worry about falling branches, there won't be any condensation; .
Love your positive thinking andrew.
The bad news - crushed to death by a falling branch (believe it or not i once nearly was sat in a car eating a butty) or disabled/immobilised.
The good news - you are a dry corpse/disabled selection of limbs.

Andy_R

Hard of hearing..I said Herd of Herring..oh FFS..
I didn't claim it was an ideal solution, just something to take into account when choosing where to pitch.

The main cause of condensation is radiative cooling of the tent outer, so if there isn't good amount of starry sky visible, condensation will be lower. Between trees rather than directly below may be sufficient.
Anyway, if it's windy enough to worry about falling branches, there won't be any condensation; if it's set fair, there won't be rain drips all night; if it's overcast, the chances of condensation are low so under a tree is of little benefit, etc etc.
...and of course the weather NEVER changes overnight in the UK..... Our DofE Instructors always tell the young people "Think what's the worst thing that could happen where you pitch, and pitch accordingly"

Last edited:

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Thanks for the reply.
But doesn't that mean you are carrying almost as much as a tent?
(Declaration of interest - am currently intermittently experimenting with a poncho/tarp single pole)
Maybe ....
It weighs 1kg with the cheap poles (am sure lighter are available). I could have used my Bannshee 200 without the inner and got the Brommie inside as well. The tarp is more compact though and more flexible in usage. But I also wanted a different, wilder camping experience ....
Not fully logical I agree!

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
I'm a bit late in responding, but I bought this tent for my brother to use when he came over to cycle tour with me so thought I'd add my feedback.

Well... meh... it's a tent, no doubt about that, but its a one person tent, and there really isn't much room to store anything. The other thing is that its single skin, so it is prone to condensation -something my brother said he had a problem with in the morning with this tent. The ventilation is also limited -and I'm not sure I'd want to sleep in this in colder wet climates.

On the good side:
-its cheap (bought it for $20 on sale), lightweight, small and packable
-is waterproof and keeps the insects out
-serves a purpose (I gave it to my brother and he took it home with him)

[
Been known to use a tarp for an outer layer, now and again.

jags

Guru
Bought the Naturehike tent sure why not.:wahhey:

doog

Tent carnage

Vaude Taurus Ultralite

060_zpsfcdff350.jpg

Top Bottom