Tents

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I have been thinking about this. I need an hour and two coffees to get going most days. Thanks for the advice.
Something like this:
http://www.sportswarehouse.co.uk/va...gclid=CMu_27izl80CFTAz0wodYrwLow#.V1eF9IbTU1I

Though mine is a gelert I think. If using for a small espresso pot, check that the arms are enough inwards for the pot to balance. I would also get a small fold up stabiliser for the gas cartridge and a wind shield.

And something like the tall pot you can see in the middle of this set though with a lid. I got one for a fiver. Cup/mug can be stored inside.

https://www.outdooraction.co.uk/cam...d-pans/robens/robens-solo-cookset-pd-5543.php

Last edited:

PaulSB

Legendary Member
That's excellent Blue Hills. Thanks

That's excellent Blue Hills. Thanks
Actually, in the light of dawn, in the set i linked to, the bit on the right is the lid. You can pick up that pot for £5 to £10. Hard anodised is good, way better than traditional non stick. Aldi at the moment have a nice hard anodised cook set for £15 but maybe a bit big for your needs. Though small, that pot and stove will boil a cup of water for tea in no time. No need for an expensive stove for such simple duties. I find that pot as a solo kettle easier to use than a "proper" kettle.

Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Formerly just_fixed
From bag to this in 3 mins and then this to this in 2 mins at first try. So bag to set up is 5 mins.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

jags

Guru
[QUOTE 3560695, member: 9609"]The Argos Pro Action !
This has to be one of the greatest tents of all time, £15 for a bomb proof tent. It was sold as a one man but I found it ok for me and the dog on our wild camping trips. Here it is on top of Ben Avon.

m01451_zpsmkwfilrr.jpg

I do have another tent, super expensive (£150ish) super lightweight (less than a kilo) but never realy trusted it in the wind, and certainly far too small for the dog. In fact a bivvy bag makes more sense, and is lighter. (Knoydart)
w13169_zps7bc4cb85.jpg

In fact Bivvy bags are no where near as bad as people suspect, eating is difficult if the midge is bad or if its wet, but for just climbing into for a few hours kip and they are brilliant. This is my brother in my bivy bag, me and the dog were enjoying 5 star luxury in the Argos Tent. (far end of Mullardoch, An Socach?)
wildcamping_4405_zpsb6f57317.jpg
[/QUOTE]

KneesUp

Guru
I bought a two man (1 man and a bag) tent from Netto for £6 on Thursday in their closing down sale.

KneesUp

Guru
I believe they are all closing as the trial was a joint venture with Sainsburys, who have pulled out because it wasn't very successful (due largely to a saturated market and poor locations) and they want to buy Argos instead. Everything - including groceries - is half price. There was a queue at ours this morning, I was glad I went on the first day of the sale (not knowing it was the first day of the sale - it's on the way to work and the do cheap pastries, to which I am rather partial)

jags

Guru
cheers lads im after a one or 2 man light tent as cheap as chips that argos pro looks ok to me and good price.

i have everything i need for touring in a carradice camper saddle bag except tent ,ah weathere here in ireland is crap not great for touring i seriously think summer passed us by Again.

jags

Guru
just seen the nature hike tent on ctc site looks great £64 for 2 man .get some good reviews on utube.

We still own a Vango Force 10 Merrilite (?sp) in the loft somewhere, bought as an engagement present in 1978

Lovely tent, but only I have no idea how we ever managed to get into it, never mind sleep and store gear

Top Bottom