Tents

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ootini

This is mine:
YELLOWSTONE%20ALPINE%202%20MAN%20TENT.jpg

This is mine:
YELLOWSTONE%20ALPINE%202%20MAN%20TENT.jpg
Looks like my old mountain equipment Ultralite 2 that does.

Ootini

What one is it?
Mine's a cheap and nasty Yellowstone Alpine 2. Cost best part of £25. It's very cheap but probably OK for my needs for now. I'm going to give it a dose of reproofing spray before I use it just to be on the safe side though.
I think if I find I enjoy camping I may upgrade the tent, or treat it as a consumable and just replace it as and when required. If I plan to camp in less favourable weather conditions I think an upgrade would be essential.

Last edited:

Sara_H

Guru
We've got a Laserspace 2, which has been used for cycle camping and backpacking.
It's big enough to stand in, which is a bonus for my OH who has a bad back so crawling about in little tents is no good for him.
It needs to be split between two people and its so big it's no good for stealth/wild camping.

paddypete

argos were doing an orange wersion called the lite hike,same tent £50

paddypete

[QUOTE 3560695, member: 9609"]The Argos Pro Action !
This has to be one of the greatest tents of all time, £15 for a bomb proof tent. It was sold as a one man but I found it ok for me and the dog on our wild camping trips. Here it is on top of Ben Avon.

m01451_zpsmkwfilrr.jpg

I do have another tent, super expensive (£150ish) super lightweight (less than a kilo) but never realy trusted it in the wind, and certainly far too small for the dog. In fact a bivvy bag makes more sense, and is lighter. (Knoydart)
w13169_zps7bc4cb85.jpg

In fact Bivvy bags are no where near as bad as people suspect, eating is difficult if the midge is bad or if its wet, but for just climbing into for a few hours kip and they are brilliant. This is my brother in my bivy bag, me and the dog were enjoying 5 star luxury in the Argos Tent. (far end of Mullardoch, An Socach?)
wildcamping_4405_zpsb6f57317.jpg
[/QUOTE]
thers one on ebay now

I bought a 'backpacker' 2 person from Mountain Warehouse £35 last year. Worked ok so far.

Only spent 1 night in a bivvy. Wet through!! Make sure you get a breathable one if you get a bivvy. In fact, I like the idea, any one reccomend one.

In fact, I like the idea, any one reccomend one.
With bivvy bags you need to decide what type you want first. There are the type that use a draw string chord to close up. The type that have a zip to closer up and then the type that have a zip and a small pole to hold it away from your face. Also with a bivvy bag, do don't get fooled into thinking they are going to necessarily be lighter than a tent. They are not necessarily! Mine is just around the 1kg mark, it is the zip only concept and my preference is too use it with a tarp. Bivvy and tsp together come it at 1.8kg. My tent that sleeps 2-3 weighs 1.3kg even after replacing the ridiculously stupid pegs with something more significant. Perhaps if we spent a couple of hundred pounds on the tarp we would have something much lighter...

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
I have the Vango Banshee 200, it weighs in at 2.3kg and it great. Jannie and I both sleep in it with some room for gear.

The first things people look at when buying a tent is price and weight. This tent has a good price tag, I paid about £80 for mine. It is not the lightest on the market but it has kept us dry in lashing wind and howling gales. When the weather is nice it has big side panels that open up. It is simple to direct and pack and Rolls down small enough for a 2 man tent. Dont forget that this is your house on the road.

I would suggest you dont get a one man tent. If you decide to stay in one place for a couple of days a one man tent can be very claustrophobic and you have very little space to store your gear. The little extra weight of a 2 man tent is well worth the effort. In fact it is a no brainer in my opinion.

http://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/vango-banshee-200-tent-p140006

Last edited:
Top Bottom