Terror Attack New York

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Slick

Guru
Ffs, not another one.

This is important, but the cycle path doesn't make it cycling related. Cafe if you can keep it apolitical, but probably the main discussion will be in Politics and Current Affairs. [Mod Edit]

In fact, it's already started.

Edit: Now followed the link. Obviously wasn't explicitly an attack on cyclist, but as a cyclist I take it particularly to heart.

Last edited by a moderator:

screenman

Legendary Member
I posted this topic at about 9.20pm and the mods shut it, as it was in the SCP section already.

So sad news, five of those killed were on holiday from Argentina.

jimmi t

:sad: another sad sad atrocity

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Deliberate. He drove off the road and onto a bike path. He was deliberately targeting cyclists and pedestrians.
If I recall correctly, there's walls and often big plants between the carriageway and cycleway. Although there's few physical obstructions to driving along it, you'd have to turn onto the cycleway very deliberately, similar to turning onto railway tracks at a level crossing.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Is it OK to duplicate every current affairs thread from PCA elsewhere in the forum? This seems inevitably a current affair.
[MOD note] it isn't a duplicate thread, it is for expressing condolences. Any political posts will be either deleted or moved to the other thread in PCA.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
If I recall correctly, there's walls and often big plants between the carriageway and cycleway. Although there's few physical obstructions to driving along it, you'd have to turn onto the cycleway very deliberately, similar to turning onto railway tracks at a level crossing.
Location might be near No address determined
http://osmand.net/go?lat=40.717525&lon=-74.01312&z=19

Top Bottom