Tesco Broadband

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Anyone use Tesco Broadband? What are they like?
I moved from Sky to Plus.Net a while back and it's coming up to the 12 month contract period. Plus.Net haven't impressed so it's time to say "Cheerio" and am looking at another provider!

Anyone have any other suggestions?!?!?

OP
OP
SquareDaff

SquareDaff

Über Member
I should add - no cable on the estate I live on - so Virgin Media aren't an option!

Kestevan

Last of the Summer Winos
I'm with BE.
As above, not the cheapest but support has been exceptional on the 1 occasion I've ever needed it. Speed is excellent, and I can't recall a single period of unavailability in 3 yrs.

Personally I wouldn't touch Tesco with a bargepole for anything to to with communications, phones, broadband beyond buying the odd ink cartridge. My one experience of their "service" if/when summat goes wrong was diabolical.

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
As I've said before, imho plusnet have a decent customer service, but a very poor product. Well yes, it would be nice if more places had better customer service but in the end you need the product as well. Just look on samknows on your local exchange and see what your LLU options are or whether you'll be getting fibre optic from BT or another provider (yes, such things exist in some areas).

BluesDave

Formerly known as DavidDecorator
Be internet, cheaper that BT even if you pay your BT line rental separately. Had them since we moved in 3 years ago and so far nowts gone worong with it.

Doseone

Guru
Been with idnet for a couple of years now. They have been excellent. Couldn't have been more helpful on the change-over and reliability has been first class. I haven't needed to use support because I've had no problems, but they are uk based techie geeks. They are not the cheapest but I can't recommend them highly enough.

BigonaBianchi

Yes I can, Yes I am, Yes I did...Repeat.
I wouldnt be to bothered about Virgin media not being an option... I am on virgin media abd the installation was a nightmare...they are rude...unflexible and I jus tgot a huge marketing e mail promoting the double speed thing only to find out thta my area doesnt change until end of 2013...ok so I shouldnt moan..its better than a kick in th eproverbials...but me suspects gameplay in war to stop switching to other providers for the coming year.

Oh...and the TV with virgin is nothing more than free view really..gets what you pays for I guess...I jus thad a few rude telephone operatoers with them and a very rude installation crew...so I am biased.

ASC1951

Guru
Plus.Net haven't impressed so it's time to say "Cheerio" and am looking at another provider!
What sort of problem have you had with PlusNet, SquareDaff? I've been with them about five years and have found them consistently excellent - mind you, I only want a cheapish tel+broadband package and I don't need lighting download speeds or a large data allowance.

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
What sort of problem have you had with PlusNet, SquareDaff? I've been with them about five years and have found them consistently excellent - mind you, I only want a cheapish tel+broadband package and I don't need lighting download speeds or a large data allowance.

One of the ironies is that plusnet used to be an excellent broadband provider many years ago, it is in recent years as they have become poor and a lot more famous due to advertising and a lot of notorious policies that people have somehow viewed them as 'excellent'. When I had them as an ISP they were throttling us way before we reached our limit and then (this was the really devious bit) all the time. They also kept the house I moved into on a lower package I suspect deliberately so as to save money. A lot of this is really BT's fault, but there you go. In a certain respect the problems have been aired in public a lot more honestly than other ISPs.

If you are a barebones broadband user who is particularly picky about not getting into a rage about call centre rage then yes, they would suit you. For many other people, not really.

Top Bottom