Texting on a horse!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DiddlyDodds

Random Resident
no you dont!!! its vehicle excise duty you pay (if you drive ),,id expect a cyckist to know this!!!

Why do you only have to play it if your on a road then ... you don't have to pay if its on private land, you do a thousand miles a week as long as its not on road , so you can use all the fancy dandy talk you want but if you want to use a vehicle on the road you have to pay tax.
The fact that out of 3 billion raised in vehicle tax only a fraction gets spent on roads and the majority goes into Government coffers is by the by

DiddlyDodds

Random Resident
I pay road tax. :laugh:

Might have a tax holiday next month i am sure the tax people will be understanding.

And this time it is the Governments faut

I think horse people should stuff a coke can or something up the horses bum!
A couple of times recently i've been on night rides and have crashed through some horse droppings ... ok, i've got mudguards, but
some of it still sticks on the bike. xx(

OP
OP
B

Bicycle

1681802 said:
It was your "annoy drivers who might be anti horse" that stuck out for me. It goes with the red light jumping cyclists getting us all a bad name bollocks we frequently see. When there are more people like me, ashamed to admit the possession of a driving licence because of the routine casual bad behaviour of the overwhelming majority of car drivers, then I might pay it some mind.

I understand that. On reflection I see my gaffe. My post (and what I said to the texting equestrian) was poorly worded. I had meant to say (or imply) that whilst I was supportive of horses being ridden on the highway, someone who was not so minded might feel inclined to use the matter of a texting rider as a stick to beat all riders with. I didn't want to suggest that I tar all with one brush or think it makes sense to do so.

Off topic but in response to your final sentence, I disagree. As a driver, a cyclist and the father of cycling children, I do not see routine, casual bad behaviour in the vast majority of drivers I see on the road. Nor equestrians, nor cyclists. Most people in all three groups are courteous, skilled and law-abiding. I passed comment on an exception to what I perceive to be the norm.

I still completely accept the majority verdict on this thread that I am impatient and intolerant of others.

The 'I pay road tax' comment in my last post was a joke. A bad one.

OP
OP
B

Bicycle

Just a thought .... given that the rate of VED is dependent on emissions, maybe horses should be registered .......

That's just crap! :whistle:

I think horse people should stuff a coke can or something up the horses bum!
A couple of times recently i've been on night rides and have crashed through some horse droppings ... ok, i've got mudguards, but
some of it still sticks on the bike. xx(

You should pay more attention to the road ahead ! were you texting at the time :blush:

Or buy yourself some decent lights :whistle:

brokenflipflop

Veteran
Horses - Fields and bridleways only
Road Bikes - Roads (only if they have a driving licence and pay Vehicle Excise Duty)
Vehicles - Roads
4X4 vehicles - Roads, fields and off-road

Simples

Top Bottom