That F***ing Bike!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Chris-H

Über Member
Sieze the chance. GIVE her your Triban ( if it fits ). Then buy yourself a new bike.
Are these the wise words of experience?^_^

Psyclist

Über Member
My partner left me because of my bike hobby :rolleyes: she used to call my bike "stupid." Maybe I'll find a new lady who actually understands my like for bikes ^_^

malcermie

My bikes called Danielle and 'er indoors says I've got more chance of getting my leg over with her than anywhere else!!!!

SatNavSaysStraightOn

Changed hemispheres!
My partner left me because of my bike hobby :rolleyes: she used to call my bike "stupid." Maybe I'll find a new lady who actually understands my like for bikes ^_^
it does help, though he is not always as understanding as I would want him to be but took his n-1 order literally and got rid of one of his 4 bikes! never specified whose n-1 it had to be! now for the bigger decision - we are going on holiday in March and the tow bar mounted bike rack can only take 4 bikes, so 2 bikes have to stay at home. Wondering which one of his I should take with us :biggrin:

Psyclist

Über Member
it does help, though he is not always as understanding as I would want him to be but took his n-1 order literally and got rid of one of his 4 bikes! never specified whose n-1 it had to be! now for the bigger decision - we are going on holiday in March and the tow bar mounted bike rack can only take 4 bikes, so 2 bikes have to stay at home. Wondering which one of his I should take with us :biggrin:

Take whatever bike you find is practical for where you're riding is my opinion :thumbsup: and keep the less practical ones at home.

I could never n-1 my bikes lol. I'll have two frames within the next two months as builds to be too. An SS conversion and a carbon. Then I'll stop building bikes....I promise :whistle:

SatNavSaysStraightOn

Changed hemispheres!
we recently have had to tax the car. £200. my missus says "We've got a tax bill through for the car. Two hundred quid to tax our car!"

i replied "Your f***in' car!"
got one of those this month as well.. £137.50 for 6 months or £250.00 for 12 months. I bought a very nice 2nd hand mountain bike for less than a 12 months tax disc!

apb

Veteran
got one of those this month as well.. £137.50 for 6 months or £250.00 for 12 months. I bought a very nice 2nd hand mountain bike for less than a 12 months tax disc!

Actually i wouldn't swear at my missus like that. true story though, if you leave out the " farkin' ".

I do like to highlighting reasons why being a bike nerd is a good thing. Such as my missus knows when she gets on her bike it works perfectly. The chain is well oiled the brakes are in order and her gears index perfectly.

A family of cyclists went past us on the cycle path as we were walking to town. All had squeaky bikes. the youngest boy's chain kept falling off, it looked like a real drama. I quickly said. "That will never happen to us".

As for the cost of maintaining a car compared to 2- 3 bikes. nothing needs to be said.

SatNavSaysStraightOn

Changed hemispheres!
Actually i wouldn't swear at my missus like that. true story though, if you leave out the " f***in' ".

I do like to highlighting reasons why being a bike nerd is a good thing. Such as my missus knows when she gets on her bike it works perfectly. The chain is well oiled the brakes are in order and her gears index perfectly.

A family of cyclists went past us on the cycle path as we were walking to town. All had squeaky bikes. the youngest boy's chain kept falling off, it looked like a real drama. I quickly said. "That will never happen to us".

As for the cost of maintaining a car compared to 2- 3 bikes. nothing needs to be said.

my OH may disagree... car has just had £400 spent on it in repairs since purchased (almost) 6 months ago. We were careful with the car be purchased and got a good deal.

In the same 6 month period, maintaining 6 bikes on the other hand is proving more interesting. We have put off the repairs on my OH's tourer - he chipped the rim on his rear wheel whilst on tour. We left it as was but it does cause some issues with breaking, mostly feedback through the bike. The rims are andora CSS rims (£70 ish each) and the bike a Rohloff hub, so wheel is hand built (£???). He gets through pads more quickly which cost £24.99 each. OK I could get his Rohloff hub serviced at the same time - there is a drive side oil leak which needs to be dealt with before we leave the UK again... currently acts as a self lubricating chain, just the wrong type of oil! also include cost of sending wheel to shop as well £??? my tourer, seems ok, but will need new Ergon GP1 grips before very long - have worn them out after 8,700 miles of use £24.99 for Rohloff dedicated ones now they exist.
His road bike, chain & tyres, pannier rack, saddle bag. my road bike needed narrower bars & shorter stem (CC wanted got those for £10). new bar tape, cross levers, new brake pads, new chain, mud guards - other items have been under warranty...
his mtb, winter tyres & pannier rack only so far, my mtb winter tyres, pannier rack & saddle bag so far... :whistle:

Top Bottom