That stung a bit 😊

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Not related to Bennet injury, but motorcycle ran into the back of me nearly 5 years ago. They (the insurance company) accepted responsibility almost immediately. Still waiting payout

(the payout was about 80% higher than their initial offer.)
Really? That's one hell of an attempt to rip you off.
I am at the waiting for an offer stage.
I was dealing with this myself but they decided that my injuries were not minor and insisted I needed a solicitor. They provided one and are going to pay all the cost. But I wonder on what basis the solicitor will be paid? If not on percentage then the sooner its settled the quicker he gets his money. No benefit for him in getting me more compo?

roubaixtuesday

self serving virtue signaller
Really? That's one hell of an attempt to rip you off.
I am at the waiting for an offer stage.
I was dealing with this myself but they decided that my injuries were not minor and insisted I needed a solicitor. They provided one and are going to pay all the cost. But I wonder on what basis the solicitor will be paid? If not on percentage then the sooner its settled the quicker he gets his money. No benefit for him in getting me more compo?

Literally every insurance company seems to do this attempted ripoff as a matter of routine.

I was offered less than half what I settled for in similar (but much less serious) circumstances.

It's regarded as a normal part of selling claims; there are sufficient trusting people around to make it worthwhile, I suppose.

Literally every insurance company seems to do this attempted ripoff as a matter of routine.

I was offered less than half what I settled for in similar (but much less serious) circumstances.

It's regarded as a normal part of selling claims; there are sufficient trusting people around to make it worthwhile, I suppose.
Thanks and noted

Top Bottom