That's it, no more buying bikes................ ever.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
For some reasons, I came across the sale receipts of my bikes this morning and looked at the dates;
_ Specialized Allez 2011.
- Cube Peloton 2015.
- Specialized Roubaix Elite 2017.
- Trek Domane 3 2021.
Can you see a pattern developping here ?
If there is, it will not happen again as I am not buying another bike in the future, too old now. :laugh:

HMS_Dave

Grand Old Lady
I support your ending of endless bicycle purchasing...

I think of cycling differently. A bicycle will last me until the frame is unsafe to ride through rot or breakage. I have spent probably £600 on cycling entirely on the past 2 years and that includes 2 bike acquisitions and one of them was an Elephant bike. I get all the enjoyment and practical use i need.

Each to their own, naturally...

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
Yeah, yeah... I have said I am never going to drink too much again (several times), after a particularly bad hangover.... but... somehow... it happens again ;)

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Never say never but I do have a problem. Mrs P has never questioned the price of my bikes...........until a few weeks ago when she said "Next time you want a bike we discuss the price first." No idea where this came from.

I don't think I can justify a new bike now as my Cervelo and Kinesis cover all bases. I will buy an ebike if or when I reach a point when I need one.

OP
gavroche

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
I mean it, no more new bikes for me, besides, I would need to extend my shed to fit another one. In any case, four is enough to choose from when I go out. 😄

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Not buying bikes doesn't stop you spending money on your bike. :smile: Ask me how I know.

My bike, which I bought about the time you bought your Specialized Allez, is on its second set of shifters, second - or maybe third - chainset, goodness knows how many wheels and cassettes, second stem, umpteenth saddle, third set of handlebars, second headset, third(?) BB, zillionth roll of bar tape ... Not to mention money frittered away on GPSs, gizmos, luggage ... whatever. All upgrades of course ;) Or "changegrades" just buying stuff for a change.

Still the original frame, brakes and mudguards though.

Last edited:

the_mikey

Legendary Member
For some reasons, I came across the sale receipts of my bikes this morning and looked at the dates;
_ Specialized Allez 2011.
- Cube Peloton 2015.
- Specialized Roubaix Elite 2017.
- Trek Domane 3 2021.
Can you see a pattern developping here ?
If there is, it will not happen again as I am not buying another bike in the future, too old now. :laugh:
Pah, that's just buyers remorse, you'll be checking out gravel bikes by 2023.

Top Bottom