That's it, no more buying bikes................ ever.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
For some reasons, I came across the sale receipts of my bikes this morning and looked at the dates;
_ Specialized Allez 2011.
- Cube Peloton 2015.
- Specialized Roubaix Elite 2017.
- Trek Domane 3 2021.
Can you see a pattern developping here ?
If there is, it will not happen again as I am not buying another bike in the future, too old now. :laugh:

HMS_Dave

Grand Old Lady
I support your ending of endless bicycle purchasing...

I think of cycling differently. A bicycle will last me until the frame is unsafe to ride through rot or breakage. I have spent probably £600 on cycling entirely on the past 2 years and that includes 2 bike acquisitions and one of them was an Elephant bike. I get all the enjoyment and practical use i need.

Each to their own, naturally...

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
Yeah, yeah... I have said I am never going to drink too much again (several times), after a particularly bad hangover.... but... somehow... it happens again ;)

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Never say never but I do have a problem. Mrs P has never questioned the price of my bikes...........until a few weeks ago when she said "Next time you want a bike we discuss the price first." No idea where this came from.

I don't think I can justify a new bike now as my Cervelo and Kinesis cover all bases. I will buy an ebike if or when I reach a point when I need one.

OP
OP
gavroche

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
I mean it, no more new bikes for me, besides, I would need to extend my shed to fit another one. In any case, four is enough to choose from when I go out. 😄

the_mikey

Legendary Member
For some reasons, I came across the sale receipts of my bikes this morning and looked at the dates;
_ Specialized Allez 2011.
- Cube Peloton 2015.
- Specialized Roubaix Elite 2017.
- Trek Domane 3 2021.
Can you see a pattern developping here ?
If there is, it will not happen again as I am not buying another bike in the future, too old now. :laugh:

Pah, that's just buyers remorse, you'll be checking out gravel bikes by 2023.

Top Bottom