That's it.......!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gerry Attrick

Lincolnshire Mountain Rescue Consultant
Your very own Attrick has finally finished his stint as a wage slave and retired w.e.f. yesterday. No more will he have to rise from his slumber at 0430 hrs to toil in the winter chill and precipitation. Neither will he have to bend his weary bones and seek whatever shelter may present from the ruthless east winds of Lincolnshire. The last few weeks have been a trial longer than the equivalent in working years, but now the b****rs have to pay him to cycle, and he intends to be around for many, many years to come in order that he recoups in pension greater than that he gave whilst atoil on this fair land.

In addition, he intends to pedal his way around said fair land in far greater stints than of yore, and yea visit many hostelries so far prohibited unto him owing to the curse of "driving licence". And when finally Old Attrick has cycled his alloted distance and fetches up at the gates preserved by St. Peter, he will say unto that being "giz a croggie inside mate, I'm a bit boogered". And upon arrival at that final place of peace and Colnagos, he will find and yea quaff many a pint of Tom Wood's best bitter in front of ye blazing log fire. (Mind you, I hope to swallow a few more before then at the local).

longers

Legendary Member
Many congrats Gerry and here's to a long and happy retirement :tongue:

If it's not too painful to talk about, what did you use to do?

Yay, look forward to hearing of your future hostelry tours. Many happy retirements.

D

Deleted member 1258

Lucky S*d, enjoy it, may you live long and prosper

Keith Oates

Janner
Enjoy the retirement Gerry and keep those wheels turning when you feel like it not because it's the only time to fit it in with the work schedule!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TVC

Nice one Gerry.

I always remember my dad saying after about a year of retirement, "I'd like to go back to work, but I just don't have the time".

No more hoping that the weather stays good for the weekend - now everyday is the weekend!

Top Bottom