That's Just Plane Rude

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bauldbairn

Been posted before, but always worth a watch...

[media]

]View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wpq4Tu2NnrQ[/media]

My nephew Oli (nearly 4 now) has a book of Things that Go! and we were looking at the In the Air page last week. I pointed to Concorde and told him how it flies flew really fast, and then at the Harrier, and how it flies flew straight up and down, and backwards. I felt very old, and a little sad that these marvels of my age are now history.

Haven't seen that before, cheers!!! :becool:

Whatever happened to the type of person we used to produce who invented these things - the fastest passenger jet - the fastest response jet - and the most manouverable/versatile jet??? :sad:

bauldbairn

I fancy this oldie bears re-telling:

IGMC

Very Good!!! :biggrin:

Arch

Married to Night Train
'She rolls! ................forty five knots ...ninety ...........one hundred and thirty five .......nose comes up to twenty degrees she's airbourne ..........she flies!'

RIP The Queen Of The Skies.

Need I say anything more?:

:cry:

Apparently Brian Trubshaw, once retired, used to pop round to a neighbour, who had MicroSoft FlightSim on his PC, and fly Concorde. Said it was fun, but not the same.

Another story I heard was that in test flying, the French test pilot, Andre Turcat, rolled her, and then handed control to Trubshaw with the words "Zere Brian, I 'ave wound 'er up, now you unwind 'er..."

I had a housemate who had FlightSim and proved that you couldn't land Concorde at Papa Westray. On one attempt he actually ended up with the nose embedded in a hill like an arrow...

Top Bottom