That's keen cycling.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
If I want to go somewhere I have to use the bike/trike irrespective of weather. :angel:

I'd suspect you are very much in the minority and most riders will switch to motorised transport in preference when the weather doesn't appeal. The only time I ride in the wet is if it rains during a ride that started dry, or it has stopped actually raining but there is still surface water on the roads.

I hate riding in the rain because I wear specs. Total pain in the rain.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
I'd suspect you are very much in the minority and most riders will switch to motorised transport in preference when the weather doesn't appeal. The only time I ride in the wet is if it rains during a ride that started dry, or it has stopped actually raining but there is still surface water on the roads.
I packed up riding motorbikes when Petrol went over a quid a gallon 1985 - ish and have only had a bike since, when my Dad died nearly 20yrs ago Mum tried to give me his car (a 3yr old Rover 600 fastback) and I turned that down, she ended up trading it in for a Vauxhall Nova and took lessons passing both her tests 1st time not bad for a woman in her 60s.

OP
OP
gavroche

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
I have checked the weather forecast for tomorrow and it says 17degrees at 8.00 am and rising to 21 in the afternoon. No rain, so at 8am tomorrow, meeting my stepson and going for a ride.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
I have checked the weather forecast for tomorrow and it says 17degrees at 8.00 am and rising to 21 in the afternoon. No rain, so at 8am tomorrow, meeting my stepson and going for a ride.
Ha, if you lived in Scotland that forecast would mean nothing :laugh:
Joking aside, I don't have a car.
If it rains and I have to go places I will cycle.
Sometimes I set out in the rain for leisure, if it's a ride I really want to attend.
Warm rain does not bother me, cold rain a bit, but I normally warm up after a mile or so ... heavy bike plus heavy me makes that happen ^_^

Top Bottom