The '0300hrs Club' thread.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

winjim

Smash the cistern
Jim’ll fix it.
Jim'll nix it.

winjim

Smash the cistern
Get back to work, slacker.

(Ha! I’m nothing without a looming deadline.)
There's looming and there's 10k words in a weekend looming. I just need to do enough to pass and hopefully the lab will get a decent analytical service out of it.

Anyway, stop chatting, I'm having a shower and then back to drawing diagrams explaining electron capture atmospheric pressure chemical ionisation. It's an interesting technique. Didn't work for my analytes but it gives me something to boost my word count with...

classic33

Leg End Member
I think bats' echolocation sounds are pretty much inaudible to the human ear but their roosting squeaks and squawks can be heard. Have you got bats in the attic? ;)
No, no bats up top, and these were definitely airborne. Still able to hear them when I went out for a walk.

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
There's looming and there's 10k words in a weekend looming. I just need to do enough to pass and hopefully the lab will get a decent analytical service out of it.

Anyway, stop chatting, I'm having a shower and then back to drawing diagrams explaining electron capture atmospheric pressure chemical ionisation. It's an interesting technique. Didn't work for my analytes but it gives me something to boost my word count with...
Jim, you could slip in what you did on your holidays- that'll add a couple of hundred words?

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
No, no bats up top, and these were definitely airborne. Still able to hear them when I went out for a walk.
By'eck classic, you've got good hearing!

Bats are the bane of my life if they wheedle their way into inhabited buildings- the mess [and the smell] they make in a loft space with the urine and faeces below their roosts is disgusting.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Well, we were awake at 3am not long after the Thriller dance-off competition but we were slightly tied up 😅 and it would've been relationship suicide to whip my phone out and make a post at that very moment. 😂

You will have to trust that I really was awake on this occasion. 👍

Milkfloat

An Peanut
I am pleased to say that after weeks of being awake at 3am, usually not sleeping beforehand, last night I went to sleep at 11pm and woke up at 8am. I now feel terrible, I think I should hope for less sleep again.

winjim

Smash the cistern

It's 12 hours to submission time, I've got a full pot of coffee, half a bottle of whisky, it's dark and I'm wearing a dressing gown.

Top Bottom