The 2015 Half Century (50 KM or 50 Mile) A Month Challenge - Chatzone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

13 rider

Guru
Way to go @ray2602 three in three days .You are making me feel bad at the weekend I did 29 miles and just could not be bothered to add the extra 4 miles to do 50km. I think you are winning the points total and you must be on target for your milage total

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I missed out on a half metric century today ...

My GPS batteries ran flat mid-ride. I guesstimated how far I had ridden and thought it would be about 51 km by the time I got home. I would have done a few more kms just to make sure, but it started raining so I dashed back. I just checked on my digital map and my ride was only 48.5 km.

Oh well - I am 621 km (386 miles) ahead of my target for this point in the year so I am not complaining! :smile:

Katherine

Guru
I've been getting a bit blasé about these rides, as I've been on school hols I've managed 3 longer rides this month and the last two were 47 miles and I was happy. I didn't feel any pressure to extend them to make an imperial 50!

ray2602

Way to go @ray2602 three in three days .You are making me feel bad at the weekend I did 29 miles and just could not be bothered to add the extra 4 miles to do 50km. I think you are winning the points total and you must be on target for your milage total
I have now completed 3442 miles, so that means that I am 200 miles ahead of schedule, I would like to build up a buffer of 500 miles as winter is coming too quickly, the last couple of days i have been practicing riding in the rain, because I am bound to get rained on during my LEJOG attempt next year, Luckily I have a lot of annual leave and pre-retirement leave to take between now and February.

Jon George

Mamil and couldn't care less
I had to drop out of this challenge due to upper back problems. After various medical investigations, I think I've finally discovered that the cause was a new settee! (A couple of cushions to force me to sit up straight appears to removed the pain. :smile:) So, yesterday, I celebrated with a 50km ride to Debenham and back. Sign me up for next year!

13 rider

Guru
Just had a quick check 7 of us fully posted up to October . @13 rider , @ColinJ , @gavgav , @ray2602 , @Spinney , @themosquitoking and last but not least @Katherine . Calling @Harry_Palmer79 , @Spoked Wheels and @MikeW-71 have you posted your rides . Good luck everyone let's get it done

Katherine

Guru
38 miles today and 52 miles on Friday, which was also my first solo 50. I'll edit my post later when I get back onto the pc, as it's so long now, it's harder to edit on the Hudl.

Well done everyone for getting this far, nearly there!
I would never have predicted that I would have done so many of these rides or have the confidence to even do my first metric century only 2 weeks ago.

Good luck with your November and December rides.

Katherine

Guru
Sorry..... I've got a few rides to log but to be honest, my rides are all very similar so there's no much point to log them. I did do one that was completely new though so I might post that.

As long as you post one qualifying ride per calendar month to stay in the challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom