The 2015 Half Century (50 KM or 50 Mile) A Month Challenge - Chatzone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I was showing Nomadski some of our local hills today and realised that we were only on about 49 km when we got back so I said goodbye to him and went off to make up my half metric century. I actually added an extra 4 km to make it a 53 km ride.

OK, first sportive out of the way and even though it was three miles short of an imperial 'half' I think it's a valid challenge for me for 2016. So count me in. The plan is one metric and one imperial half century a month (separately) for next year. Very unlikely I'll be able to get an imperial in for December anyway so January and onwards.

13 rider

Guru
That's cool :smile: Looking forward to next years attempt.
Go for it I have really enjoyed this challenge It get you chasing miles and rides when you might dither and not bother

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Outdoor rides only! :okay:

I just have one more 50 km ride to do for this challenge in 2015 and one more 100 km ride for the parallel metric century challenge that I am doing. That will be my distance target for the year smashed, and if the rain relents I might even get a few other rides in before stopping for my Christmas/NY break.)

Spinney

Bimbleur extraordinaire

13 rider

Guru
DONE!!!
https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/t...50-mile-a-month-challenge.172815/post-3498866

Will try to get in at least another couple of metric halves before the end of the year - but I've done my 1/month.

@ColinJ - it was a great idea setting this up. No way would I manage an imperial a month (I try to do one per year!), and doing a metric century every month would take a little more dedication than I have (in the winter, at least!)
Well done @Spinney I think your the first person to complete the challenge I'm hoping for reasonable weather at the weekend to get my ride in

Katherine

Guru
DONE!!!
https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/t...50-mile-a-month-challenge.172815/post-3498866

Will try to get in at least another couple of metric halves before the end of the year - but I've done my 1/month.

@ColinJ - it was a great idea setting this up. No way would I manage an imperial a month (I try to do one per year!), and doing a metric century every month would take a little more dedication than I have (in the winter, at least!)

Congratulations and well done!

:bicycle::cheers:

Got my 50km ride for the month in today so i'm done too. Hopefully have chance to get out for a couple more before the end of the year but the pressure is off. Going to try and up my game next year and go for an imperial 50 each month next year. Well done everyone who manages to complete, 50km a month isn't massively challenging but it gives you an incentive to get out and go doesn't it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom