The 2017 Half Century (50 KM or 50 Mile) A Month Challenge - Chatzone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I needed directions once I passed Boston and before King's Lynn. I don't know how to turn off the map bit.

I've got an 810, if you swipe left/right to change the screen, the battery life improves a lot as it'll only give you instructions when it thinks you need them. Alternatively, a short tap on the screen and pushing the left or right arrows on the screen should do the same.

13 rider

Guru
It's that time of the month reminder nudge time . We have 27 riders fully posted up leaving 8 rider to post or get a ride in so @ColinJ , @Rustybucket ,@cosmicbike ,@Osprey ,@Sbudge ,@CanucksTraveller ,@tallliman and @wicker man consider yourselfs remaindered
Well done everyone else 2 months to go it's downhill from here

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
It's that time of the month reminder nudge time . We have 27 riders fully posted up leaving 8 rider to post or get a ride in so @ColinJ , @Rustybucket ,@cosmicbike ,@Osprey ,@Sbudge ,@CanucksTraveller ,@tallliman and @wicker man consider yourselfs remaindered
Ah yes ... I did remember to do my ride (details in THIS POST) but I must have forgotten to log it in the challenge thread - now sorted!

I discovered a BIG error in my points total. I can't quite see how I got it so wrong but I have now corrected that error. I won't bother going back and correcting all of the earlier published totals but the new one should be right. I have now created a table showing my 2017 50 km, 50 mile, 100 km, 100 mile and 200 km rides and populated it with the qualifying rides to date. It will be a simple matter to update the table rather than adding up the points totals from scratch each time.

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

D'oh - I thought I seemed to have done a lot of metric centuries but not many half metrics ... I had got distracted and put 7 half metrics in the metric century column - ha ha!

Damn, even with the wrong figures, I made a mistake totalling the columns. I am obviously having a bad numbers day! :wacko:

steverob

Guru
D'oh - I thought I seemed to have done a lot of metric centuries but not many half metrics ... I had got distracted and put 7 half metrics in the metric century column - ha ha!

Damn, even with the wrong figures, I made a mistake totalling the columns. I am obviously having a bad numbers day! :wacko:

Don't worry, happens to all of us! I had to downgrade my points total from 2016 a few weeks back when I noticed I'd given myself 2 points for a 50km ride somehow. Ah well, just makes it slightly easier to beat last year's total this way!

iandg

Legendary Member

Got it planned - struggling mentally following my (unfair) suspension from work back in August and have withdrawn to my man cave but starting to get myself back together. Had the first investigation meeting today and feeling more positive. Road bike in bits at the moment and haven't found the motivation to rebuild it, but will get the ride done on the fixed or cross-check.

Last edited:

Rustybucket

Veteran

Done my ride for this month - as normal haven't had chance to post up yet. Even did a couple of 100ks! Will post at the weekend!

Domus

Guru
Glad I got mine in early. Had my prostate biopsy done on the 12th. Still uncomfortable sitting on a hard chair, not even attempted the bike yet.
Got my results yesterday, no cancer cells in the 12 samples taken so just further blood tests in three months. Looking for a more suitable saddle fancy a Brooks Cambium with the cut out but at £100 + it could be an expensive mistake. Any advice out there?

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Glad I got mine in early. Had my prostate biopsy done on the 12th. Still uncomfortable sitting on a hard chair, not even attempted the bike yet.
Got my results yesterday, no cancer cells in the 12 samples taken so just further blood tests in three months.
Excellent news!

Looking for a more suitable saddle fancy a Brooks Cambium with the cut out but at £100 + it could be an expensive mistake. Any advice out there?
I find tilting the nose of my saddle down slightly makes a big difference to my comfort on the bike. Saddles that I couldn't bear when horizontal actually became comfortable with a few degrees of downward tilt. Why not try that first before splashing out on a new saddle?

Domus

Guru
I had my saddle pointing down a little but I kept sliding forward, gravity is not your friend at 81 Kg. It is now level but I fear it is not prostate friendly.
It's a Selle Italia X1

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....

Planned to do it yesterday when it was bright and sunny with no wind, but instead did it this morning when it was windy and the 5% chance of rain rained on me!
42 miles done, so that's both this and the metric century kept alive for the year, and a few Eddingtons in the bag:okay:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom