The 2017 Half Century (50 KM or 50 Mile) A Month Challenge - Chatzone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
It's that time of month again a week to go , only 1 weekend . We have 26 riders fully posted up . So a nudge for @gavgav ,@Milkfloat ,@Effyb4 ,@Renmurew ,@CanucksTraveller ,@Eribiste ,@wicker man ,@john59 , @Chris Doyle and finally @tallliman ( who I now has done a ride but not update thread ) time to get a ride in or update thread if you already done one . Well everyone who's fully posted online one more required

Wooops - I have been slack on the admin. I will shove in one of my rides in the next few minutes. I am a bit worried about the metric century challenge though as I have been travelling a lot of the month and have not done one yet. I think I will have to take a day off work to get November's done.

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Wooops - I have been slack on the admin. I will shove in one of my rides in the next few minutes. I am a bit worried about the metric century challenge though as I have been travelling a lot of the month and have not done one yet. I think I will have to take a day off work to get November's done.
Good luck with that!

I have been scuppered by my 3rd cold of the year so no riding for 2 weeks now, but at least I got my November 50 km ride in before that. I still have my metric century to do for the sister challenge though and it can't be tomorrow so it will have to be a last-ditch effort on Wednesday or Thursday. I think I have time to do a short ride tomorrow afternoon to see if I am likely to be well enough for the '100'.

The other annoying thing is that I have lost all of the distance cushion that I had built up for my annual target and am now well in arrears. That means I will have to do what I did last year, a pretty heavy target for December. I wanted to avoid it this year, but I will probably still have 430+ miles to ride by the time I get to December 1st. Oh well - last year it was 100 miles more than that and I managed it!

That's a shame but it no fun forcing yourself to ride when you don't want too . Hope you fine your Mojo soon.

I totally understand where you’re coming from, had a rubbish month cycling wise due to work commitments reducing me to spinning at home but I managed to have enough about me to keep the challenge alive, spurred on by signing up for two Sportives next year. Hope you get your mojo back soon, and well done on the effort you have made!

Salty seadog

Space Cadet...(3rd Class...)
I'm hoping for some mild weather in December. I've got to get the last month in to complete the challenge. I'm at sea for two weeks in the month so only have the other two to get it in. My trouble is I really suffer with my hands and especially feet in cold weather no matter what I wear. Just done 20 miles this morning and my feet still hurt after being inside for an hour.

kapelmuur

Veteran
A tale of woe from me. I fell hard onto my right hip on Tuesday, I thought the black ice on a corner was simply a wet road. I'm unable to put any weight on my right leg and am on crutches.

I had a few hours in casualty yesterday and was relieved to be told that there were no broken bones, severely strained tendons is the verdict. The doctor reckoned recovery will take 6 weeks.

If I'm lucky I'll be able to get a qualifying ride in before 31st December. the thought of failing to complete the challenge in its final month is very frustrating.

I must put in a word of praise for the NHS, the bloke on the 999 switchboard, the ambulance crew and the staff and doctors at Stepping Hill hospital Stockport were all wonderful.

13 rider

Guru
A tale of woe from me. I fell hard onto my right hip on Tuesday, I thought the black ice on a corner was simply a wet road. I'm unable to put any weight on my right leg and am on crutches.

I had a few hours in casualty yesterday and was relieved to be told that there were no broken bones, severely strained tendons is the verdict. The doctor reckoned recovery will take 6 weeks.

If I'm lucky I'll be able to get a qualifying ride in before 31st December. the thought of failing to complete the challenge in its final month is very frustrating.

I must put in a word of praise for the NHS, the bloke on the 999 switchboard, the ambulance crew and the staff and doctors at Stepping Hill hospital Stockport were all wonderful.
Sorry to hear that . Hopefully will recovery will be quick enough to give you a chance . But don't risk making things worse by trying to early . Frustrating to miss out but it's only a cycle challenge not worth injuring yourself . Here's hoping though

13 rider

Guru
bronze-star-small-2-jpg.jpg

And here's the prize . Copy and paste only when you've finished

Katherine

Guru

Yikes! Unlucky. Best wishes for a quick recovery.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom