The 2017 Half Century (50 KM or 50 Mile) A Month Challenge - Chatzone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
Today's 50km ride saw me complete my own challenge of each month riding a separate 100 mile ,100 km, 50 mile and 50km ride and completed 3 years of doing the half century double of a 50 km and 50 mile rides and also sawme through 10000 miles for the year so all in all a good day

So what have you left yourself with for 2018? 600k Audax?

13 rider

Guru
That's why I think I should be having a go at the metric century!
It's possible to do both . If I was you I'd see if you can get a metric century done in Jan and go from there you can always fall back into the half century . You'd do it easily go for it

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
That's why I think I should be having a go at the metric century!

I'll admit that I've been tempted by the metric century challenge - however I know that I'll struggle with time as much as anything.
I can ride a metric half in 2.5 hours if I stick to a flattish route, but to do a metric century I need double that (oddly enough!) and having 5+hours to spare (or more likely 6 hours including a stop) for a ride just isn't always possible. on top of all the other commitments that life throws at you.

Don't get me wrong, Mrs ND is supportive of my cycling but I don't want to push that support by taking the mickey.

Jon George

Mamil and couldn't care less
Phew! After a fortnight of a cold that wouldn't really burn itself out, I decided yesterday to make the most of the forecast of sunny weather today to crawl over the line. The ride was made even more 'interesting' because I awoke to find I was suffering from the D part of D&V. (The after-effects of my cold and current aliment may go some way to explain why I kept close to home.:whistle:)
At least the sun was out and I can now claim my second trophy. ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom