The 2017 Half Century (50 KM or 50 Mile) A Month Challenge - Chatzone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jon George

Mamil and couldn't care less
sounds like it was a bit of a challenge
And you, my friend, win this year's award for understatement. ^_^

Saluki

World class procrastinator
Hi all.
Another 51km for me today. That's the 2nd one in December, which is unheard of, quite frankly. Garmin says 1.1 degrees, the thermometer at the cafe said bob on 0 degrees. As the thermometer was actually there and Garmin is giving it it's best guess - probably.

I only went to Bardney by road and back by trail, but I took it easy as there was a lot of ice about. Had a couple of funny conversations en route. I rode for a while with a chap that I have pootled along with before. He asked what I had on my playlist today. I replied that I had A Slight Case of Overbombing on. He said 'really? Blimey, I always thought you seemed such a nice sort of woman.' :laugh:
A few miles after I saw another person that I've ridden alongside in the past who greeted me with 'bugger me Saluki, you've stacked some weight on'. True, it did look that way. There was the base layer, the mid layer, tee shirt, fleece gilet thing - close fitting - walking fleece, slightly too big cycling jacket on top. Dance tights, lightweight thermals and winter bottoms - a bit big so I can get things under - on my bottom half. There was a passing resemblance to a Michelin Man:laugh: I wasn't cold. My feet were, by the time I got home. I need some better socks.

I had a lovely time. I took Eric, took a C.O.W.S. picture for the FLAB lot. I have upped my 4000 mile target to 4039 - or 6500km, seems like a nice sort of number. I thought about this after a post from @Sbudge - thanks for that :cycle: 106 to go then.

Attachments

• IMG_1353.JPG
    IMG_1353.JPG
    229.5 KB · Views: 69

Katherine

Guru
Well done. We've cancelled all the group rides this weekend, but I was considering a solo ride in the middle of one of the days until I started feeling lousy with a sore throat and no voice.

13 rider

Guru
Finished! ^_^ Managed to get my ride in today, absolutely freezing, chuffed to finish the half metric and metric challenges. The challenges are brilliant motivation and everyones rides are inspiring too. Keep up the good work. :okay:
No 20 well done @Osprey on both challenges I like your style no cross posting but seperate rides

Renmurew

Veteran
Gosh - I dont think I have ever been so cold as today. Headed out early to make the most of the light winds but now just trying to defrost before celebrating by collecting my star! Thanks everyone for the encouragement and for sharing your stories as that has really kept me going to the end of the year. Good luck to those still to complete the challenge.

13 rider

Guru
Thanks! Thawed out now, but as this is the first ever challenge for me, I'm a bit unsure where to paste the star! Can I have an idiot's guide please lol
Copy and paste on page 51 of this thread .
Then on top right next to inbox click on your user name from drop down list select signature and copy and paste and most people add half century challenge 2017

Last minute change of plan. Cancelled my 100km Sunday ride for a 50km Saturday ride. It was chilly (averaged 0 degrees), flat and quite quick (for me). Strava said it was exactly 2:00:00 which I couldn't have done if I'd aimed for it! As it happens it was the right choice as by this morning (Sunday) we were completely snowed in with no riding or even driving possible. ^_^:cold:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom