The 2017 Half Century (50 KM or 50 Mile) A Month Challenge - Chatzone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
No 20 well done @Osprey on both challenges I like your style no cross posting but seperate rides

Yes, they have to be separate rides, it's cheating otherwise isn't it? Some of my fifties this year have actually been 'spare' 100's but I'd never cross post them. :angel:. Now, just one more century ride to go this year, I reckon I have 3 opportunities so fingers crossed!

Gosh - I dont think I have ever been so cold as today. Headed out early to make the most of the light winds but now just trying to defrost before celebrating by collecting my star! Thanks everyone for the encouragement and for sharing your stories as that has really kept me going to the end of the year. Good luck to those still to complete the challenge.

Family bought me a 10-pack of those disposal hand/foot warmers. I put them in between my inner and outer gloves and was toasty as can be...wonderful things.

13 rider

Guru
Yes, they have to be separate rides, it's cheating otherwise isn't it? Some of my fifties this year have actually been 'spare' 100's but I'd never cross post them. :angel:. Now, just one more century ride to go this year, I reckon I have 3 opportunities so fingers crossed!
Technically not cheating as ride is above the required distance but I believe against the spirit of the challenge and I don't cross post either .otherwise somebody completing the imperial century challenge would complete every other challenge in 12 rides

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
I'm glad I got my December ride in early this month - ice, ice and more ice means the bike hasn't seen the light of day for nearly a fortnight.

I had toyed the idea with adding an extra ride in today, but it was that slippery underfoot walking the dog this morning that any thoughts about getting the bike out were quickly abandoned.

Maybe next weekend, eh? ;)

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I'm biding my time! :laugh:

The weather has been so miserable recently that I haven't done this month's half century ride yet. It looks like there will be a dryish non-icy day soon so I'll go out and get it done then.
The ice had gone today, it had warmed up a few degrees, the wind had dropped and the sun was shining, so I ran out of excuses! :okay:

I went out on my singlespeed bike and rode up and down the local valleys to get my distance in. (I didn't want to climb up onto the hills because there could have still been ice up there at 380+ metres elevation.)

That's my 2017 half metric century challenge completed. I had already finished my metric century challenge. I have now exceeded my points target for the year too. The one remaining target is my distance one and I have been struggling with that. I lost over 6 weeks of riding this year suffering from nasty bugs and another couple due to bad weather. I have actually achieved 92% of my target so far only riding about 81% of the year. I have 2 weeks left to get another 531 km (330 miles) done. It is doable, but I can't afford to waste much more time and we have a couple of days of fog forecast so I may resort to more turbo 'miles' until the weather improves again.

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
I had planned to get the ride in on Monday but woke to ice, so stayed home. Warmer day today, but no chance as playing Daddy daycare. The discovery that it's Tuesday, and SWMBO likes to watch rubbish telly for a couple of hours had be out the door at just after 6.
All done, and that's both the metric half and full century challenges for 2017.

al3xsh

Über Member
@13 rider

Getting some miles in this December has been frustrating! Far too much ice and snow around :-(

Yesterday was mostly fine - though cold - with very little ice around. Unlike last Friday, where I did my best Bambi impression ... :-)

13 rider

Guru
@13 rider

Getting some miles in this December has been frustrating! Far too much ice and snow around :-(

Yesterday was mostly fine - though cold - with very little ice around. Unlike last Friday, where I did my best Bambi impression ... :-)
Yes it's been a bad month for most of the country with the snow and ice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom