The 2017 Half Century (50 KM or 50 Mile) A Month Challenge - Chatzone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

kapelmuur

Veteran
So with 30 already done it's nudge time for people still to post a December ride .5 days to go and hopefully plenty of holiday time to get a ride in .Paging @Rustybucket ,@wickerman and holding out hope @kapelmuur is healed enough to have a go
@john59 I presume your out as you have not posted for November yet

I've improved a lot over the last few days, possibly the anaesthetic effects of Christmas cheer, and am hopeful that I can have a go over the weekend - even if it's only 1 leg pedalling!

iandg

Legendary Member
Got my ride in today - also achieved my 5000km goal for 2017

View: https://www.strava.com/activities/1330360228/embed/595fbd316793762e536830c5575c2daf9de8e7e1

38643324774_d35a59816b.jpg

steverob

Guru
Did my final points scoring ride for the year today at just over 55km. Will be out again briefly tomorrow, but that's just because I need 16 miles in order to reach my 3,000 mile target (outdoor cycling only) for the year - have no intention of going any further than I have to, especially as the wind is meant to be stronger tomorrow and it was bad enough today!

Last edited:

StuartG

slower but further
Last ride of the year and a first for me - intentional off-roading. Only 32.2 miles but makes a 50 miler a walk in the park. Lots & lots of splodgy mud and the wet grass was like ice. I was on my daughter's bike and didn't get the gears sorted until we were on the way back. Then just before we left the mud the guy in front went down leaving me nowhere to go. I suppose road riders used to riding tight in a group need to loosen up. Anyway a splendid mud bath to remember it by. The other fellas were in danger of falling over laughing.

I think I will stick to roads next year.

kapelmuur

Veteran
Done it! Almost 5 weeks since my accident and being told by the medics to allow 6 weeks recovery, but the leg wasn't feeling too bad so I thought I'd have a go.

I chose the flattest, easiest course that I could and had the added benefit of a mild, sunny morning. Even the wind was calmer than forecast, so luck was with me.

The ride was a bit of a struggle though and I was unable to put much power through the injured leg, I was about 2 mph slower than I'd be when fit.

Nevertheless, I finished without too much discomfort and there has been no adverse reaction so far. I also managed to get over 4,000 miles for the year but am frustrated to end up on 98 points!

13 rider

Guru
So final facts and figures but first congratulations to everyone who finished this year:bravo::wahhey:^_^
We have 33 finishers from 39 starters amazingly low dropout rate and the highest number of finishers in the 3 years the challenge has been going
First time finishers
@Rustybucket ,@Renmurew ,@Bazzer ,@The Bystander ,@dickyknees ,@al3xsh ,@bruce1530 ,@wicker man ,@Ice2911 ,@Salty seadog ,@Saluki ,@Domus ,@Chris Doyle ,@GuyBoden
Doing the double 2nd year
@StuartG ,@Lilliburlero ,@cosmicbike ,@NorthernDave ,@steverob ,@Osprey ,@Jon George ,@Milkfloat ,@aferris2 ,@steveindenmark ,@Effyb4 ,@Sbudge ,@kapelmuur ,@tallliman
Doing the triple in from the begining 3rd year
@ColinJ ,@Spinney ,@gavgav ,@Katherine ,@13 rider
9 have doubled up completing the metric century as well
@GuyBoden ,@Lilliburlero ,@tallliman ,@cosmicbike ,@StuartG ,@Osprey ,@ColinJ ,@Sbudge ,@Milkfloat
And 1 nutter has completed the triple half century ,metric century and Imperial century challenges
@13 rider :shy:
Well done again everyone and the good news the madness starts again tomorrow . Wishing everyone health and happiness and plenty of miles for 2018

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom