The 2018 Half Century a month Challenge chatzone

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Domus

Guru
Oh woe is me. Last day in Mallorca was going so well, lazy breakfast then packing, walk along the prom, bought pressies for grandkids and a smart Perl Izumi jersey for me only to have Mrs Domus' bag snatched while having last coffee and cake at favourite café. Shopping gone, purse, cash and cards gone, iPhone gone, but most worrying insulin and testing kit.
Rather put a dampener on a fabulous trip, still going back though.

Lilliburlero

Pro sandbagger
Oh woe is me. Last day in Mallorca was going so well, lazy breakfast then packing, walk along the prom, bought pressies for grandkids and a smart Perl Izumi jersey for me only to have Mrs Domus' bag snatched while having last coffee and cake at favourite café. Shopping gone, purse, cash and cards gone, iPhone gone, but most worrying insulin and testing kit.

What a shite way to end such a great holiday @Domus :thumbsdown:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Damn - bad luck!

Oddly, I was just talking to a friend who told me that the last time he was on the Spanish mainland he saw a woman have her bag snatched by 2 men on a scooter who mounted the pavement to get it. He couldn't quite reach far enough to snatch it back off them. (Probably a good job because they might have been armed.)

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member

Can't like that post @Domus - not a good way to end your holiday.

Elysian_Roads

Not a good end to the holiday but glad to hear that the rest was great and it hasn't put you off going back.

Following injuries and things for the last 4-5 months, i felt in need of doing a nice ride up toward Matlock. Ticked off a few squares in the process but my ability to continually climb steep ramps has diminished somewhat!

At least you had the ability! :whistle:

iandg

Legendary Member
A couple more rides to finish off April ( I can get to like retirement)

25th - Heb CC club ride. A and B groups set off together into the wind. I felt comfortable with the pace stuck at the back of the group taking the shelter. Only 2 riders in the B group and when they turned off at the Achmore junction (knowing that if I got dropped it would be a tail wind home) I stayed tucked in behind the 6 riders in the A group . I lasted until 37km (longer than expected on a bike with guards and dynohub) until the top of the Achmore climb when the pace and lactic acid started to get the better of me. so I dropped off the back and rode easily back into town. A bonus 50km.

29th - Tail wind out to Carloway and then back via Callanish and Achmore. Still felt good at Leurbost so I decided to add on the Crossbost section and take the ride from 60 something km to 70 something km. Sun and blue skies but a cold E -NE wind.

Last edited:

Fiona R

Formerly known as Cranky Knee Girl
I'm just sticking my front wheel in to ask if I can retrospectively join in the half century fun? I have qualifying rides from Jan on, I just came unstuck in the metric century in Feb following a crash and I hadn't got my century in earlier in the month. Very cross with myself, all fine now. if it is OK, I'll post in the other thread and try and work out the points!

Top Bottom