The 2018 Half Century a month Challenge chatzone

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PatrickPending

Legendary Member
May's ride done with a 105km ride down to Brixworth...spring has finally arrived!

Domus

Guru
Lovely day for a ride today. Babysitting in Sowerby Bridge tonight before watching Tour in Halifax tomorrow. Went the long way, 72 Kms through Burnley Toddy and Cragg Vale. Mrs Domus fared badly by bringing the car over the M62. A tanker fire closed the motorway forcing traffic through Ripponden where I got caught up in it. Still, another point and a cracking ride. Very pleased with my ascent of Cragg Vale, 52 Kms at the bottom, legs like jelly at the top.
Aching knees tonight watching the Giro.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Lovely day for a ride today. Babysitting in Sowerby Bridge tonight before watching Tour in Halifax tomorrow. Went the long way, 72 Kms through Burnley Toddy and Cragg Vale. Mrs Domus fared badly by bringing the car over the M62. A tanker fire closed the motorway forcing traffic through Ripponden where I got caught up in it. Still, another point and a cracking ride. Very pleased with my ascent of Cragg Vale, 52 Kms at the bottom, legs like jelly at the top.
Aching knees tonight watching the Giro.
I set off with my cousin to drive to Thirsk to watch today's TdY stage but we got turned back by police at Milnrow (M62 Jn 21) because of that fire.

We backtracked through Littleborough and Ripponden to climb back up to Jn 22 at Windy Hill but the delay made us too late. We gave up trying to get ahead of the peloton, called in at a bike shop in Leeds, and then we came home. I'll cycle over and watch the race pass through tomorrow at Hebden Bridge or Pecket Well.

Saluki

World class procrastinator
Especially for @13 rider I made my destination bold, purple and in italics. See, I can remember where I rode to if I make an effort :laugh:

I was not in a hurry, needed to drop something off so rode to Sibsey and back. It's pretty straight all the way there and back, not a bad ride actually but nothing to set the world alight.
Not a bad average seeing as it's my second 50km ride in 2 days. I do ache a bit now.
IMG_2047.JPG IMG_2047.JPG IMG_2055.JPG

Katherine

Guru
I set off with my cousin to drive to Thirsk to watch today's TdY stage but we got turned back by police at Milnrow (M62 Jn 21) because of that fire.

We backtracked through Littleborough and Ripponden to climb back up to Jn 22 at Windy Hill but the delay made us too late. We gave up trying to get ahead of the peloton, called in at a bike shop in Leeds, and then we came home. I'll cycle over and watch the race pass through tomorrow at Hebden Bridge or Pecket Well.
That's a shame. Nightmare traffic on the M62 yesterday.

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
Well that is May's qualifier done before family stuff takes over for the day.
Surprised myself, because on Friday my quads in particular were really sore and I thought completing an MCAM ride on Saturday morning was going to have me hobbling yesterday and today. Perhaps those miserable winter miles really did pay off?
Only one dickhead which was nice. Partly my own fault in not taking the lane on double white lines, so got squeezed.

Top Bottom