The 2019 Half Century a month Challenge chatzone

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
13 rider

13 rider

Guru
I will do a full year summary over the weekend . This year has already had the highest number of finishers since the challenge began so well done everyone

OP
OP
13 rider

13 rider

Guru
With hopefully 1 more rider to update (@Katherine) here's the final round up . We have 38 finishers from 44 starters an amazing success rate . This year has had the highest number of finishers the record was 33 so well done everyone 👍
3 originals left in completed thier 5th year @ColinJ ,@Spinney and me @13 rider , 4th year in a row @aferris2 ,@cosmicbike ,@Jon George ,@kapelmuur ,@NorthernDave ,@Milkfloat ,@Osprey ,@Sbudge ,@steveindenmark ,@steverob and @StuartG . Completed for the 3rd year @bruce1530 ,@Bazzer ,@Chris Doyle ,@dickyknees ,@Domus , @Eribiste ,@Ice2911 ,@Saluki ,@The Bystander and @tallliman who completed his 3 year but not consecutively . Completed for the 2nd time @Cranky Knee Girl ,@iandg ,@LeetleGreyCells ,@Nomadski ,@PatrickPending ,@Rob and Alison ,@Slick and @slow scot . The first timers @bluenotebob @C R ,@demro ,@Houthakker ,@Jenkins ,and last but not least @lane
Don't think I've missed anyone . If I've got anything wrong please accept my apologies , let me know and I will modify my records

Slick

Guru
Was starting to think I was going to fall at the first hurdle as for various reasons I haven't been near a bike since the new year. Today was perfect for getting out, although I did struggle a bit to finally haul myself off the couch but finally I managed it. I huffed and puffed a bit going over the hill to Giffnock then some more when I realised there was a tough headwind from there down to Fenwick but the sun was out and the joy of being out definitely out weighed the graft, although I really need to consider doing this loop the other way at least once as when I turn for home it's always sheltered with next to no wind.

I go on holiday for 17 days later this week so this was my last chance to get a ride in before I go. Next month will also be touch and go unless I hire a bike and do some cycling whilst I'm away, which is unlikely for a couple of different reasons so I'll just need to keep my fingers crossed for next month and hopefully make up for lost time come March.

OP
OP
13 rider

13 rider

Guru
Was starting to think I was going to fall at the first hurdle as for various reasons I haven't been near a bike since the new year. Today was perfect for getting out, although I did struggle a bit to finally haul myself off the couch but finally I managed it. I huffed and puffed a bit going over the hill to Giffnock then some more when I realised there was a tough headwind from there down to Fenwick but the sun was out and the joy of being out definitely out weighed the graft, although I really need to consider doing this loop the other way at least once as when I turn for home it's always sheltered with next to no wind.

I go on holiday for 17 days later this week so this was my last chance to get a ride in before I go. Next month will also be touch and go unless I hire a bike and do some cycling whilst I'm away, which is unlikely for a couple of different reasons so I'll just need to keep my fingers crossed for next month and hopefully make up for lost time come March.
I can't remember issuing a well done for getting a ride in January before but well done your up and running

OP
OP
13 rider

13 rider

Guru
The 39th finisher has just snuck a ride in :wahhey:.Well done @Katherine I never doubted you :okay:.

Twilkes

Guru
Great ride out today round Loch Katrine which is a great training route if you need some hill work under your belt. I did this with my brother and I think we seem to do the loop the wrong way as once again we met a number of cyclists but nearly all coming from the opposite direction. Either way, it's a great ride and the weather was near perfect apart from a bit of a head wind on the way out that obviously disappeared on the return leg. Nice to have a ride in this early and hopefully it will be the same next month before the weather really turns.

@Slick Sorry for the shout-out, but which way round did you do Loch Katrine? For some reason I think anti-clockwise is more common but I'm not sure why.

edit - ah never mind, most of the road is still closed from a landslide last year.

Last edited:

Jon George

Mamil and couldn't care less
I got August done with an unexpected PB. (In least, the best I've done that course in recent times. Just over two hours.)
There are still lots of family groups out on bikes, which is great to see, but I think it'll be some time before the en masses excursions of Lockdown Sunday reappear.

This looking towards Bawdsey Manor - the home of radar.

P1010064.JPG

Top Bottom