The 2020 Half century (50km or 50m) a month Chatzone

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

kapelmuur

Veteran
Happy New Year everyone!

I had every intention of doing 50km today, but am probably not alone in putting it off until the effects of last night wear off.

A lovely day and I hope to manage a gentle stroll later.

Good luck to everyone embarking on the challenge.

OP
OP
13 rider

13 rider

Guru
I'm first, but I do have a slight advantage of being 10 hours ahead of the UK.
Discovered that there is a cycle track running all the way between Port Fairy and Warrnambool and it passes about 400m from where we are camping. The logical route was to head to warrnambool first because its further away, but that meant going with the wind on the way out. It was very hard work coming back against the wind! Almost returned back to the camp early though. Only 76km on the clock so had to add a little extra to make it up to 50 miles. Wouldn't want a distance warning this early on in the challenge.
Well done on being first I was surprised when I logged in this morning at 0630 and someone had posted a ride . My first thought they had posted it in the wrong year then I remembered your location

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
Oh go on then. I'm not aiming for the 100km, so some another willing victim will be needed for that one.

I'm in for another year, a mild pootle checking out my new jacket. Quite revolutionary for me as I'll need a layer less now.

50km on the first day of the year is also about 4 weeks earlier than last year. Whilst I feel tired from the ride, I simply wasnt capable (due to illness) of doing this last year!

Saluki

World class procrastinator
I'm in.
Off on holiday to Cornwall on Friday. My CX is at the newly ex-BFs and I really cannot bring myself to go and fetch it. I am just not sure that I can shoehorn the Genesis in the car and 2 sighthounds. I might have a little practice tomorrow night, after work though. It will either fit or it won't. Wheels off and wrapped well might well work. I would like to do a quick 50km along the Camel Trail, for old time's sake.
If not, my first 50km of the year will be after the 10th of Jan.

I am hoping to get out with the KLBUG bunch, more this year - must ask how much their membership is actually. They do lovely mileages, at steady speeds with lots of cake, laughter and fun. Dang, I might even move to King's Lynn!

Top Bottom