The 2020 Half century (50km or 50m) a month Chatzone

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Slick

Guru
The end of the month has crept up unnoticed so a very late update . We have 26 riders fully posted up leaving 5 riders up to date for July yet to post ,so a nudge for @Sbudge ,@Slick ,@slow scot ,@Houthakker and finally @lane
While typing the list something seemed to be missing ,then I realised @cosmicbike wasn't on it as he had actually updated without a nudge
I've finally updated the thread with the biggest points haul I've managed to date because of lockdown and work but it appears it's the end of the road for me as I will be very unlikely to get any other rides in this month after my crash and planned OP to repair my knee. Shame. :sad:

C R

Guru
I've finally updated the thread with the biggest points haul I've managed to date because of lockdown and work but it appears it's the end of the road for me as I will be very unlikely to get any other rides in this month after my crash and planned OP to repair my knee. Shame. :sad:
Any updates on whether you will actually need the op?

The end of the month has crept up unnoticed so a very late update . We have 26 riders fully posted up leaving 5 riders up to date for July yet to post ,so a nudge for @Sbudge ,@Slick ,@slow scot ,@Houthakker and finally @lane
While typing the list something seemed to be missing ,then I realised @cosmicbike wasn't on it as he had actually updated without a nudge
All updated, as ever, thanks for the nudge.

Got out with none other than @tallliman for a partial Leicestershire CC section meet up and social potter through the lanes of south Nottinghamshire, stopping at Hickling Wharf for a cake and coffee. Weather good, route good (and just done on the fly as opposed to pre planned) and even managed a couple of tile grabs.
It was nice to have a catch up and chinwag with @tallliman as I’d not seen him for quite a few months and we had discussed many things including next year’s potential riding plans and some helpful touring pointers!

I hadn’t ridden outdoors for a couple of weeks due to other commitments however having churned up quite a few points early on in the month, this was a nice finish all the same.

I cant add anything to that but only a single point for me and perhaps some commission from my lbs!!
I’ll keep you posted on that! :laugh:

Surely I cant be the first one to complete a ride this month?

I was undecided as to what to do today but eventually convinced myself to ride. Out the door and onto the commuting route for a few miles. Turned right near Tonge to pass through Diseworth then up to Kegworth. At 16 miles in under an hour I thought I may as well do 50k! So upto Gotham village and East Leake before wending my way home.

OP
OP
13 rider

13 rider

Guru
Surely I cant be the first one to complete a ride this month?

I was undecided as to what to do today but eventually convinced myself to ride. Out the door and onto the commuting route for a few miles. Turned right near Tonge to pass through Diseworth then up to Kegworth. At 16 miles in under an hour I thought I may as well do 50k! So upto Gotham village and East Leake before wending my way home.
No your not :okay: ,3 riders already posted ,@Jon George was the first to post ,Well done anyway

Jenkins

Legendary Member
A quick blast on the Pickenflick flatbar in very pleasant conditions this afternoon to get the 50k ride in nice & early. As before, I'll update the main ride thread when I've got the 50 miler done as well - that may be some time as the return to full time work and having things to do on non-working weekends is playing havoc with my social mileage. With the exception of a 50k ride yesterday, I've done no riding except for three weeks worth of commuting since completing the 100k chalenge ride at the start of August.

PatrickPending

Legendary Member
Septembers done, 2nd
104Km Blaby - Countesthorpe - Willoughby Waterlys - Gilmorton -Folesworth - Claybrooke Magna- Monks Kirby - Withybrook - Shilton -Brinklow - Caithron - Easenhall - Brinklow - Caithron- Easenhall (makes it up to 100 when I get home)- Pailton - Claybrooke Parva - Claybroke Magna - Ullesthorpe - Ashby Parva - Leire - Gilmorton - Peatling Magna - Countesthorpe - Blaby

What with a 11k run Saturday, 114k ride Sunday. 6k run Monday, 13k run Tuesday and 6k on the hybrid it was hard work

Domus

Guru
September ride done, new route to a new (to me) coffee shop in Plumgarth near Kendal. Rinaldo’s, takeaway only but a couple of tables outside and a cake shop next door :okay:
The owner is a cyclist and they have a very smart jersey for sale.
The route back to Grange was by way of a cycle path through Kendal then Natland to Sizergh. Very nice too 👍

Top Bottom