The 2020 Half century (50km or 50m) a month Chatzone

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jon George

Mamil and couldn't care less
We have a finisher . Well done @Jon George ,who is unsurprisingly first like he has been most months
Cheers!

Fiona R

Formerly known as Cranky Knee Girl
Apologies for my tardiness but the end of the month has crept up on me so here we go the monthly update
We have 18 riders fully posted up leaving 7 riders to post so a nudge for @Sbudge ,@slow scot @PatrickPending ,@Cranky Knee Girl ,@Houthakker ,@lane and @Vantage
It's good to see the 3 riders who litterally crashed out of the challenge are back on their bikes hopefully training for 2021
No request for byes yet anyone struggling to justify a ride let me know
Nothing much I could do to retrieve November lost to illness/and bad weather first weekend of the month when I could have ridden, but I have managed to scrape round 50km today. Just for my own head, I'm out of this challenge too. Long road to getting fitness back now.

Thank you so much @13 rider for encouragement, organisation, chat and generally being a great egg.

aferris2

Guru
December ride done! Very hard to summon up the enthusiasm, but the ride had to be done as soon as the weather looked reasonable. It didn't bother me too much going out in the cold when I was commuting but now thats over I seem to get comfortable inside and don't want to get out. Thats what the challenge is about though, so it is doing its job.
Slight variation of my standard loop but didn't get the distance quite right so had to go round the block a couple of times to reach the required distance for the lunacy challenge.
Only 29 days to the start of next year's challenge!

OP
OP
13 rider

13 rider

Guru
Nothing much I could do to retrieve November lost to illness/and bad weather first weekend of the month when I could have ridden, but I have managed to scrape round 50km today. Just for my own head, I'm out of this challenge too. Long road to getting fitness back now.

Thank you so much @13 rider for encouragement, organisation, chat and generally being a great egg.
That's a shame ,take care and get ready for 2021
Thanks for the kind words it is a bit like herding cats a times but I do enjoy it

OP
OP
13 rider

13 rider

Guru
Well done @footloose crow ,3000 mainly hilly Cornish miles in the year you've had is not bad going :bravo:

footloose crow

Über Member
Well done @footloose crow ,3000 mainly hilly Cornish miles in the year you've had is not bad going :bravo:
That would explain the 228,000 feet of uphill according to Strava then. Which is.....(mental maths, then calculator)....76 feet every mile. Or 14m per km or 1400m in 100km which is below the threshold for Audax Altitude points, so that means it is quite hilly but not really hilly. Must stop avoiding big hills next year. New target for 2021 is going to be 8000 km and 120000 metres ascent (using Audax measure of hilliness which is more than 15m per km).

Or 5000 miles and 394000 feet uphill in old money.

I like targets. :bicycle:

Can I echo @Cranky Knee Girl 's comment about you? I also thank you for your support and encouragement @13 rider. You give a lot of us a reason to get out when its a bit miserable outside. Appreciate you making this challenge happen.

OP
OP
13 rider

13 rider

Guru
Well done @Houthakker

bronze-star-small-2-jpg-jpg-jpg.jpg

For Anyone wondering were to get your star just copy and paste this one into your signature but not before you finished I will notice :stop:

Top Bottom