The 2020 Half century (50km or 50m) a month Chatzone

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gavgav

Guru
December ride done and so I’ve completed the year, but did take advantage of the Lockdown bye in April. Working in the NHS, I couldn’t justify the longer ride in that month, but kept lots of short rides going. I’m actually at my highest mileage in a calendar year and getting close to the magic 2000 mark, which I’m determined to try and hit.

This challenge is great and gets me out for longer rides, when I’d maybe not have the motivation if I didn’t enter.

Congratulations to all who have and will complete, roll on 2021:smile:

OP
OP
13 rider

13 rider

Guru
Number 15 over the line ,Well done @lane

lane

Veteran
Thanks @13 rider and thanks for organising the challenge again this year. Enjoyed the challenge and despite, or rather in part because of, the strange year its been, I have done more rides and miles than ever before. I am also getting a bit more pleasure from riding in the winter than previously, I think the countryside in the winter has its own charm.

Looking forward to the 2021 challenge in what I hope will be a better year.

Domus

Guru
Went out this morning with every intention of another 50Km ride. A bit windy but 7deg C so quite mild. Got 15 Kms in and the sky went black and the rain started, as I was only a few minutes away from MK Cycles in Belmont I took shelter in the shop. Just in time, it lashed it down for a good 20 minutes. Ryan was kind enough to brew up, we had a chat and as it eased off I set off but for home via Bolton. Called it a day with 31 Kms done just got home before another downpour. Thursday looks promising. My challenge is already complete so no reason to ride in filthy conditions.

Top Bottom