The 2020 Half century (50km or 50m) a month Chatzone

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
13 rider

13 rider

Guru
Number 20 over the line ,Well done @Rob and Alison and unofficially number 21 as he hasn't update the challenge thread but I'm counting him in ,Well done @Milkfloat

The new threads will appear over the holiday period

Saluki

World class procrastinator
Early monthly update . We have 19 riders fully posted up and challenge completed . That leaves 4 riders yet to post so a nudge for @Milkfloat ,@steverob ,@Saluki and @Rob and Alison .
Well done to everyone wether you completed or not just for getting out and doing the miles
Shall we do it next year ??
Posted my split ride from 6/12. I have been struggling a bit and doing the copy/paste thing just seemed like too much effort at the time, then I forgot until I read your post.

Off out, after 1, on the bike, when the rain stops. It won’t be as muddy as yesterday’s ride though. It took an hour to clean the bike and a further 20 minutes to clean the bathroom :laugh: living alone has its advantages.

Saluki

World class procrastinator
Out today for a festive 50km.
I rode through the first big puddle, it was deeper than my BB so that was interesting and bloody cold though. The flood, with the stranded car, was a river that had burst it’s banks at Stoke Holy Cross Mill. I was diverted onto the A140 briefly but got off it quickly. More traffic than expected.
My feet were like ice blocks after 10 miles of wet feet, very nasty but it wasn’t freezing quite. I was happy to get home. Dry socks and hot chocolate were a must, as was that cheese on toast with a spread of Branson sandwich pickle under the cheese and a splash of Lea & Perrins on top.
Best ride for ages and I am still very much in love with that Genesis.:wub:
. 565177

steverob

Guru
So it's now down to @steverob to finish it off
Well I didn't intend to be the last one over the line, but here we are!

And actually I wasn't sure I was going to make it at about the halfway point - with the constant drizzle, biting winds and cold temperature, my feet were freezing after just 10 miles and some of my toes started to lose circulation and were actually becoming quite painful. At that point I abandoned my original route and headed for home, hoping that they would get better as I left the countryside behind and went back towards town - and either this did work, or maybe my wishful thinking helped take my mind off the pain! However this did mean that I then had to meander about a bit to make up the missing miles to get me over the target distance.

As soon as I got home, got changed out of my wet clothes, wrapped up warm and sat with my feet in a washing up bowl full of warm water until they felt normal once more! The things we have to do for these challenges... :laugh:

OP
OP
13 rider

13 rider

Guru
True dedication to the challenge @steverob

OP
OP
13 rider

13 rider

Guru
Now everyone's finished I can recap the year and what a year it was !! . Well done to everyone who took on the challenge wether you completed it or not . Really well done to the 23 who completed the challenge .It must have been a tough year 23 is the 2nd lowest number of finishers the lowest being 7 in the challenge first year of 2015
The roll call
Just 1 first timer @AndreaJ ,4 2nd timers @Jenkins ,@lane ,@Houthakker and @C R ,3 completing their 3rd year @PatrickPending ,@slow scot and @Rob and Alison ,6 completing their 4th year @Domus ,@tallliman ,@Saluki ,@Noodle Legs ,@Bazzer and @bruce1530 ,7 completing their 5th year @steverob ,@Sbudge ,@Milkfloat ,@Jon George ,@cosmicbike ,@aferris2 and ,@gavgav and finally 2 originals in from the start finishing 6 years in a row @Spinney and myself @13 rider
Hopefully you all think I dealt with all the issues fairly as I was making up as I went along ^_^. Here's hopeing 2021 will be less complicated and the old task master @13 rider returns and the soft forgiving one is long forgotten
Stay safe and healthy everyone

Last edited:
Top Bottom