The 2021 Half Century (50km or 50m) a month challenge Chatzone

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gavgav

Guru
I’m in again. Weather doing it’s best to ruin my hope of getting January’s entry in, this weekend. Snow and ice are things I don’t ride in!

Domus

Guru
Still waiting for weather window, 3 days running heavy frost and icy roads. Went for a 9Km slippy icy walk this morning. :cold:

Jonjay

Über Member
I’d love to say I’m in but given that I’ve only just got a bike (first since my teens and I’ve just turned 43) and my longest ride so far is 12 miles it may be wishful thinking to make 50k by the end of Jan.

OP
OP
13 rider

13 rider

Guru
I’d love to say I’m in but given that I’ve only just got a bike (first since my teens and I’ve just turned 43) and my longest ride so far is 12 miles it may be wishful thinking to make 50k by the end of Jan.
Hi @Jonjay . If you don't get a 50km in by the end of Jan ,you can still join the challenge anytime it just rules you out of a bronze Star for Jan to Dec .
As for getting a 50km ride before the end of Jan find a flat route take your time and find as good as weather as you can

Domus

Guru
I started cycling at 61,
I started cycling at 61, pottered about for a year or so then joined the challenge in 2017. Start off on a dry light wind kind of day, ride 25 Kms into the wind, have a coffee and snack then ride home. First one done then carry on from there. :okay:
We will be right behind you, well, 2 metres anyway. :laugh:

Gibbo9

Veteran
First time for me and really looking forward to this. I live in Taiwan so am hoping I will have an advantage with the weather, although that may become a disadvantage in the summer months. Hoping to post at least one 50k ride per week, work permitting.

Good luck all, I look forward to reading about all your exploits out on the back roads of wherever.

Slick

Guru
First time for me and really looking forward to this. I live in Taiwan so am hoping I will have an advantage with the weather, although that may become a disadvantage in the summer months. Hoping to post at least one 50k ride per week, work permitting.

Good luck all, I look forward to reading about all your exploits out on the back roads of wherever.
Will be interesting to see some of your routes. :okay:

Top Bottom