The 2021 Half Century (50km or 50m) a month challenge Chatzone

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AndreaJ

Veteran
I will give it another go.

Slick

Guru
I was going to give this one a miss this year after the disappointment of missing out last year (well that will be right in another hour and 55 minutes) especially after having a pretty good haul of points due to change of work habits but faint heart and all that so I'm in again. :okay:

Pizza Man

I think I'll give this a go. There, I've said it now!

This will be the kick up the backside I need to be regularly getting out on the bike again. I have seriously lost my mojo the last few YEARS!

I have a question though. If I say I'm doing the 50 mile challenge, but do less one month, but still more than 50km, am I out or is this acceptable?

Slick

Guru
That's me up and running after a few months away. I've moved house but not far as it's just a couple of miles further along my usual 50k loop. Although it was weird getting round to where I used to live and having to keep going. I nearly turned back a couple of times and got off and walked a bit when I saw quite a big guy coming down the hill losing his footing and coming down on his dog.:eek:

Anyway, great day for a ride but caution was the order of the day so it was the slowest 50k I've done in a long time. :okay:

OP
OP
13 rider

13 rider

Guru
Welcome @Pizza Man
Answer to your question the minimum required to complete the challenge is 1 50km ride a month ,if you decide to challenge yourself to do 50 miles a month but fail to complete the full year you are still in the challenge if you carry on completing 50km rides
Good luck ,the challenge does give you bit of motivation to get out on the bike

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Looks like I've beaten @Jon George for the honours of the first Suffolk contribution to the 50k challenge.

The past couple of years I've somehow managed a metric 100 on New Year's Day, but it was just too cold & icy early on to even think about it today.

OP
OP
13 rider

13 rider

Guru
Looks like I've beaten @Jon George for the honours of the first Suffolk contribution to the 50k challenge.

The past couple of years I've somehow managed a metric 100 on New Year's Day, but it was just too cold & icy early on to even think about it today.
Same here the last 3 years I've started the year with an imperial ton but didn't get out till 11.00 waiting for the roads to clear .
Yes poor show by @Jon George :okay: I'd have put money on him beating me to the post

Top Bottom