The 2021 Half Century (50km or 50m) a month challenge Chatzone

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

footloose crow

Über Member
I am still in the challenge!
26 Sept: Cornwall 100 audax: Falmouth - Gweek - St Antony- St Keverne- Lizard- Helston- Porkellis- Halvasso - Falmouth. 101k 1400m uphill. Hard work!

Spinney

Bimbleur extraordinaire
Monthly update time with 1 weekend to go warning . We have 19 riders fully posted up for Sept ,which leaves a longer nudge list of 10 . So a gentle nudge for @Spinney ,@Domus ,@tallliman ,@Rob and Alison ,@LeetleGreyCells ,@stoatsngroats ,@footloose crow ,@PatrickPending ,@Chap sur le velo and @Nomadski . Apologies if you are on the nudge list incorrectly as I've took my eyes of the ball during my holidays
Just done it!
Tripped up on top of a mountain in Scotland early last week and sprained my wrist (given where I was, a bloody good job I didn't damage an ankle). Has taken until today for the wrist to be up to 30 miles on a bike!

OP
OP
13 rider

13 rider

Guru
Update for September we have 27 riders fully posted up ,leaving 2 riders yet to declare in @LeetleGreyCells and @Nomadski .Hopefully they are just late posters
Congratulations to @Jon George on reclaiming his first poster for the month position with October's ride done on the 1st
On a more serious note a fellow halfer has been out and riden 49km !!!! I mean 49km!!! :surrender: Do you now what that does to my cycling OCD :banghead:.Then they posted about it in another thread and said it's the 2nd time they done it :angry:. Not naming names this time but you know who you are ,Don't let it happen again :boxing:

footloose crow

Über Member
Update for September we have 27 riders fully posted up ,leaving 2 riders yet to declare in @LeetleGreyCells and @Nomadski .Hopefully they are just late posters
Congratulations to @Jon George on reclaiming his first poster for the month position with October's ride done on the 1st
On a more serious note a fellow halfer has been out and riden 49km !!!! I mean 49km!!! :surrender: Do you now what that does to my cycling OCD :banghead:.Then they posted about it in another thread and said it's the 2nd time they done it :angry:. Not naming names this time but you know who you are ,Don't let it happen again :boxing:

Its only a number!

I will have another go on Wednesday........and promise to watch the kilometre counter rather than daydream. Sometimes that ride is 50k and sometimes its 49k. Same route each time. Celtic lanes are a bit weird. I think they move around at night.

OP
OP
13 rider

13 rider

Guru
Some of my previous posts came back to bite me in the bum . Been off work today a bit of DIY jobs done this morning finally ready to ride and it's raining . Waited for it to stop and off I went can I make it round dry . Got half way round my St Bernards loop when the dark clouds gathered altered the route to get nearer home to bail if required . Managed to get to 28.5 miles dry ,got home on 30.2 miles !! .so went straight past home getting wetter for .5 of a mile and back to get past 50km

LeetleGreyCells

Un rouleur infatigable
I'm out, I'm afraid. I couldn't get a 50km ride in as all the commuting and riding for work has been knackering me out. Hopefully, as I become fitter and used to the daily mileage, I'll be able to start again next year.

footloose crow

Über Member
October done...

Truro - Mawla -Illogan -Hayle - Penzance - Marazion- Goldithney - Godolphin - Four Lanes - Frogpool- Cusgarne - Bissoe - Truro. 110k

I only wrote down all these place names because I like the sound they make.

Thought I better make up for the disappointing 49k on Sunday with a number that is definitely more than 50 and is a nice even number as well.

OP
OP
13 rider

13 rider

Guru
October done...

Truro - Mawla -Illogan -Hayle - Penzance - Marazion- Goldithney - Godolphin - Four Lanes - Frogpool- Cusgarne - Bissoe - Truro. 110k

I only wrote down all these place names because I like the sound they make.

Thought I better make up for the disappointing 49k on Sunday with a number that is definitely more than 50 and is a nice even number as well.
Why didn't you ride another km to get a Nelson (111 )in cricket parlance :laugh:

Gibbo9

Veteran
I haven't posted for a while as I have been very busy with work and have just not had time. I have had a busy couple of weeks with soe excellent riding, some very early mornings and late evenings on the bike. I am taking a much needed week off next week and plan to explore Taiwan, mostly by bike.

In the meantime some pics below of recent rides:

Beside the seaside, lovely and flat
53.jpg

54.jpg

Sunset by the river
55.jpg

56.jpg

57.jpg

Love this bridge at night
58.jpg

A plan to get to Southampton was unfortunately a few miles too far today, I didn’t realise that Gosport was at the bottom of a few hills (that’s how spoiled I am in Bognor Regis!).

so, Bognor Regis, Hunston, Chichester (along the canal), Bosham, Emsworth, Havant, Portsmouth, Gosport, Brockhurst, Titchfield, Warsash, Bursledon for 40 miles, then Chichester to home makes a total of 46 miles.

the new bus Lane between Gosport and south Fareham is very interesting. And was pretty busy from the look of it, I think this could be a great way to go forward with fast public transport, and cycleways.

I’m still in the challenge! 😀👏

Domus

Guru
Managed a ride to Arnside on Friday, only to find my favourite café closed. :cry:
Had a poor espresso from a Rio machine and turned for home rather than climb up to Silverdale. The man flu / shocking cold lurgy thing that lasted almost a month is still having an effect on me. It was a 58 Kms round trip back to Grange and I was absolutely goosed when I got back. So glad I missed out on the Silverdale - Storth loop. Back home in Sunny Radcliffe, may venture out on Friday.

aferris2

Guru
October done. Just 2 more to go but the temperature really has dropped so I'm having to force myself to get out and ride. I guess this is what the challenge is all about. Really must get some new gloves. Fingers have gone and there's almost nothing left on the palms.
There's been a huge hole in the road coming in to Billericay for months. It's just round a blind bend and you have to get right in the middle to miss it. There's been an hazard warning for a while now. Today, there were two of them, and yes, its even bigger than before. Yet another road report to the council coming up!

Top Bottom